4

Lydia's POV

~~~

I arrived at the doorstep of the Avila's house, my heart is already racing in my chest, my hands are starting to go sweaty by my side and I haven't even knocked yet. Ryan usually drives me to school every morning but I am not sure what is going to happen due to the accident that happened last night.

After I pull myself out of the thoughts which crowd my mind, mostly what if this happens? What if that happens? I finally knock on the door and wait.

Today, I did my hair into two plaits like how Rea did hers last night. I can't lie, they suited her very well. I have my usual uniform on, my skirt rolled an inch above my knee, an appropriate length so people can't look and see something I don't want them to, and an appropriate length for Ryan.

The door opens and Rachel (Ryan and Rea's mum) was standing there. It looks like she was just about to go to work.

"Lydia dear! Please, come inside." She smiled and opened the door wide enough for me to walk inside which I do.

Rachel is the kindest person you could ever meet, I have known her for three years and she is close friends with my parents. Every morning she welcomes me and according to her, I am one of hers, she sees me as her own daughter which I find very sweet.

"Ryan! Lydia is here, hurry up!" She shouts from the bottom of the stairs and then she turns to me, "I apologise for my son, someone damaged his car so he isn't in the best mood. Are you wanting toast? Fruit?"

"No thank you, I did hear about what happened, I feel bad." I sigh and there's footsteps that come down the stairs and I look and Ryan comes down the stairs.

"Rea hurry the fuck up if you want me to drive you!" He yelled and there was a groan.

"Excuse you Ryan, watch your language!" Rachel gasped and I chuckle and he walked over to me, kissing me on the forehead, "Lovebirds"

Hah.

"I better get going, be good and Ryan, don't let your sister get into anymore trouble and don't you be getting into anymore fights." She waved goodbye, "Love you all!"

She left the house and I watch as Ryan looked out of the window, watching as she left the driveway. Then he turned to me, a flicker of anger sparks in his eyes and I raise a brow.

"People are going to think I am a fool in that car, I need a new one." He pressed his fingers on the bridge of his nose and squeezed, "Where on earth was you last night after the game?"

"I went to the bathroom." I answer and he scoffed.

"Like fuck you did. I saw you leave with my sister, I watched you leave with my sister." He groaned and an uneasy feeling grew in my stomach, "What were you doing with her?"

"What were you doing with her? You know, the one who you kissed and spun around, left the school with your arm around her shoulders?" I question and he was silent for a few seconds.

Here we go.

"You are crazy Lydia, come on! She was my best friend, now I am sorry if you think I love her more than I love you and excuse me but I won another game and there was no way you would of kissed me. And don't you even start because I want you to know that I love you and I don't hate you." His voice was rising quickly and luckily we have enough time to finish this.

"I hate to break it to you but your best friend thinks you are her boyfriend. A lot of girls do. So you might as well tell them you are in a relationship and say who with and then break their hearts, or you can carry on and let them find out themselves and then also end up breaking all of their hearts." I shrug as I lean against the counter and he was pissed off once again.

"I am in a relationship with you! You Lydia! I love you and only you get a fucking grip!" He yelled and I laugh.

"Do you tell all your other girls that? And I know about them, I know you are a liar and a cheater, I have tried breaking up with you over and over again but you deny, deny, deny. You never allow me to, you have other girls who you can just run off to if this ends." I admit and there was silence.

"I love you Lydia, I truly do love you." He whispers and I shake my head.

"I don't love you, not anymore." I respond and he sighed and Rea appeared at the bottom of the stairs and she gave a thumbs up, she has been listening all along.

"Fine. Fine. It's over, okay, fine." He shrugged and I fight back the smile appearing on my face.

Ryan walks away, leaves the house and slammed the door shut behind him and I turn to Rea and she had a smile on her face.

"I did it! I finally did it!" I gasp and she smiled and I rush over to her and she hugged me, she hugged me tightly, "Everything okay?"

"He is going to be annoyed at school but that is okay. I am proud of you Lyds, so proud of you." She whispered and I smile.

"I don't want to be late for school, come on I have English my favourite." I smile and we leave the house, "What are your plans for the first hour of school?"

"Probably annoying my brother in detention? Oh yeah, I got detention for vandalising school property, I set one of the bins on fire."