48

Lydia's POV

~~~

I sit on my bed, it's midnight and I am wide awake like usual, I've decided to see what she ended up giving me for valentines.

Carefully, I open up the bag and look inside. There's a bouquet of roses, a box of chocolates, a teddy bear, a box of chocolate covered strawberries, and then a letter.

I take everything out, getting a vase and filling it with water then putting it on my windowsill with and then going back to everything else.

The teddy bear smells of her, it's the one she keeps by her bed every night.

I put the chocolate and the strawberries on my bedside table and then get the letter, luckily it's visible due to the lamp.

I open it and began reading.

Dear Lydia,

Happy Valentine's Day!

So like you know it's an amazing day and I am so excited to give you everything, I don't know if you are going to read this before you have seen everything or after. I would like to start this off by saying how I feel about you even though I tell you every day. You make me so unbelievably happy, my mum used to ask me before we started dating "Who are you smiling at?" or "Who is the person making you smile like that?" because I was so happy, I am pretty sure that my smile was huge! Now, it's been a few weeks since we started dating, my heart is all yours, you can mess it up if you like, you can keep it safe, it's your choice but it's all yours.

I want you to be my girlfriend Lydia, I want us to be official. Love is tough for me, I've never been able to fall in love with someone, but with you it's different. With you I find myself falling at a fast speed, I find myself thinking about you all the time, you appear in my dreams, your name rolls off my tongue in every conversation.

I am in love with you. I have been for ages now, I've had the desperate urge to tell you that I love you, I've loved you for years now, I would have told you on the first day but that was too soon, so I know I told you it last night but it wasn't then when I realised, I realised when we were talking about love on the carpet in the music classroom. So now I want us to be a thing, you know, in an official relationship where I can call you my girlfriend. If all goes well I shall be asking you today. So if I am nervous it's because it's on my mind and it's been planned for the past week, I won't spoil it though :)

I love you Lydia, I am in love with you and forever will be. I will be loving you after we grow old and die, I will be loving you for the rest of my life and beyond those years.

Like Taylor once said in Illicit Affairs, "You showed me colors you know I can't see with anyone else." You did, you make me see the world differently and I only see it like that with you.

Now if forever exists please allow me and you to be part of it. You are my forever anyways so you will be part of mine.

Yours Sincerely
Rea

I was crying when I finished it. She was going to ask me to be her girlfriend, and I walked away. I turned around and walked away. She had everything set up, she was nervous, she skipped form and a bit of first period to set everything up. They pulled her away so they could talk things through.

And I messed it up.

I pull the pillow up to my face and cry, I cry until my chest hurts. I cry until I run out of breath and then I stare outside.

This is how the next 5 nights go like.