45

Lydia's POV

~~~
TW: Homophobia, Self Harm

It's form, I am in the back of the classroom with a book in my hand that's resting against my legs. Form started twenty minutes ago, I have no idea where Luca is though, he never misses form.

I am reading A Thousand Boy Kisses, I have almost finished and I am on the edge of tears.

Before I turn the page, I close the book and blink away the tears and put the book back into my bag with a sigh and sit back in my chair.

It's art next, I am looking forward to it and praying to god that Rea shows up.

When she woke up, I was already in my uniform and sitting on my bed reading, I heard her move, I heard her whisper things to herself and then a groan. And then she started laughing and smiling into the camera, and then she told me she loves me.

I miss her a lot, my father took me to school today so I haven't seen her in person since last night.

"Alright then, get going to your next lesson." Our teacher dismissed us and I take my bag and leave the classroom.

My hands are in my pockets as I walk down the corridors and down the stairs towards art block, but unfortunately there's a huge crowd outside.

It is quite confusing but I head into the classroom anyway.

"Good morning Lydia." The teacher smiled and I smile at her, "You can get straight on with your work."

"Thank you." I smile and she smiled. I head over to the side and get a palette with paint on, a few brushes and water then go over to the table with the easel on.

The canvas is already at the side of the desk, I take it and place it on the wooden easel.

Students enter the classroom, it turns out the crowd was just someone asking another person to be their girlfriend who said yes, everyone cheered before they were told to go to their classes.

After fifteen minutes of the lesson starting, the door opens and my eyes go quickly and Rea walked in.

"Sorry I am late, I had to talk to someone about something." She says to the teacher and then walked over to me, "Hi beautiful."

"Hi." I smile and she smiled and took a paintbrush, "Where have you been?"

"Busy." She smirked and I raise a brow, "It's valentine's day, love. I'm giving you the world."

I feel my face heat up so I quickly carry on with the work which made her laugh.

We continue with the work, her eyes on me every so often and mine on hers also, we have the eye contact every now and then, looking away smiling which makes my heart flutter.

Her fingers brush against mine as we paint some areas, I work on the background and she does the butterflies.

"This is what my stomach looks like all the time with you." She whispered and I roll my eyes, "That sounds so cheesy."

"I know, so shut up." I scoff and she chuckled, "I can relate."

"See!" She laughs and I laugh as we continue with the artwork in front of us.

We carry on until the end of the lesson, Rea washed up the brushes and I take the canvas to go dry, we are getting somewhere, all the background is completed.

"Lydia is a dyke." Someone laughs and before anyone could speak someone spoke instead.

"Detention, get out of this class." The teacher shouts and everyone laughs.

"But she's a dyke, she deserves to die." He said the last part looking directly at me and I feel my stomach drop, "Freak."

"Rea don't you even dare." The teacher looks at her and she put the brushes down and sighed, "Jordan, get out of this classroom."

I put my bag over my shoulder and he left the classroom, the teacher following him.

"Are you okay?" Anna asked me and I nod, "We can beat his ass later, I am sure Rea would love to."

"Damn right I will." She groaned and I look at the dark haired girl, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, can we go?" I ask and she nods and we both leave the classroom along with everyone else.

She deserves to die

That was very nice of him to say. Everyone is born to die.

We walk through the corridors, I brush the words out of my mind and Rea looks nervous. I look at her a few times, she's actually looking very nervous, that's questionable.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she looks at me, "It's looking like that there's something on your mind. Are you nervous?"

"You don't need to know that, you just have to wait and see." She continued on walking us down the corridors towards the hall.

It happened quickly, Ryan and Luca took her arm and dragged her away from me, pulling her along and into the double doors.

Well I am alone. Fantastic.

I am hoping this isn't something everyone has to see, they lot know I don't like when that happens, it's a fear I have, I do not need everyone watching me over something so simple.

My heart races in my chest as I get closer, the thought of it being a huge thing gets me nervous and I take a deep breath and look around at my surroundings. It's a shame I can't see anything due to a crowd.

And there's balloons. Tall balloons. And people gathered around.

Oh fuck please no.

It's at our table.

My heart rate increased rapidly, my palms become sweaty at my side as I feel an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

Do I have to do this?

I turn around before anyone saw me, I go over to the bathroom and just sit in the stall. My thoughts are going crazy. the main thing lingering about what Jordan said.

She deserves to die

The tears burn my eyes, they hurt and soon my whole body is hurting, I reach into my bag and take out the blade from the pencil case and lift up the sleeve of my blazer.

The pain came to me immediately but I squeeze my eyes shut and take a deep breath.