12

Lydia's POV

~~~

My father was sitting on the sofa by the time I got home, he thanked Ryan for bringing me home and then told me we are going to the Alvila house so now we are on their front doorstep. It's 6 pm and school finished three hours ago, we sat and watched a film and then got changed, I put on a oversized hoodie for warmth and then some joggers since this household doesn't care what we wear, as long as it's clothes.

The door opens and Ryan was there, he smiled at us and allowed us into his home and we smile and walk inside.

"I am not sure where my mum is, I can go find her if you need?" He asks as he looks at us both.

"No, no it's okay." My father answered and he nods as I take off my shoes and put on a pair of slippers Rachel bought me since I come to her Ouse a lot, she thought it was kind for her to do.

"Are you wanting anything to drink?" Ryan asked us and I nod and my father does too. Ryan already knows I would want hot chocolate so he got the packets out from the cupboard.

It's unusual to see him so nice, a few weeks ago he was a controlling boy who wanted too much of me and a lot I couldn't give him. Now he looks like a gentleman, making us drinks and smiling at us like he hasn't done anything bad in his life before. It's shocking how fast someone's personality can change around guests.

He makes my father some coffee and we take a seat in the living room as we wait, "I need to do something, I will be back in a few minutes." I tell my father and he smiles and nods.

I walk upstairs, I put the note in my pocket when I arrived home and it is still in my pocket now as I approached her door.

You are the one I want to talk to any time of the day, you are the one I would go to in the middle of the night to see.

The words replay in my mind as I knock onto the door an take a deep breath before walking into her room, she was in her room, in the corner on her chair with her guitar on her lap. She was just strumming strings, making some sort of tune but she was staring at the floor, tears in her eyes that she blinks away.

She plays the tune she played me in the music room a few weeks ago. My heart fluttered in my chest and then she smiles, she looks at the rug on her floor and smiled.

Her smile is something that I could look at or hours if I had the chance, it's one which can calm you down in any situation and the one which makes your heart skips a beat. Her lips look soft and delicate there's a twist of jealousy inside me to know other girls have kissed them.

Then it hits me. What on earth am I thinking?! Looking at her lips, jealous of other girls who have been with her, my heart beating faster in my chest? What is going on? Why is my mind going places it shouldn't?

If it is love I am thinking about, it can't be the worst because Rea is a nice girl who can do foolish things. She trusts me and I trust her and she's there to comfort me whenever I need to but that's the same for her. There must be a reason why my mind is on her quite a lot, why my eyes linger on her for longer than other people. There must be a reason why I want to be around her so much and this distance is hurting more than it should.

You make me feel something, you bring the light into my life and you are the one I stay up wanting here, you are the one I want to talk to any time of the day, you are the one I would go to in the middle of the night to see.

The words are different now that my heart is beating faster against my chest, it's like I see them in a whole different light now but I see it now. She looks happy when I am with her, she smiled when she played the song she played for me. I am just overthinking all of this.