16

Lydia's POV

~~~

The room is basically darkness, it is around midnight and we lay in the dark as we take in each in each others presence.

"Hey." I whisper as I rest my head against the pillow and look at her, there's the fairy lights on my wall turned on letting out a white light which isn't that bright but it's bright enough to make her outline visible.

"Hm?" She hums and I smile, "Lyds, I am hungry."

"You think I store food in my room?" I laugh and she laughs and shakes her head, "I don't want to go downstairs."

"We can stay up here then." She smiled and I hummed as I stare at her which she obviously notices since she decided to stare back at me.

We stay silent for another ten minutes since we look at each other and enjoy it.

I like this, I love just looking at her because it allows me to see all of her features, how her skin isn't soft but it isn't so rough, how her eyes shine brighter than anything else, and then how it's just comfortable to be looking at her.

"Can you be honest about something?" I question in a quiet voice since I don't want my father waking up. She hummed in response and followed that by a nod, "Is there a girl? You know, a girl you like and have feelings for?"

"I already told you before, there is someone but she doesn't feel the same." She answered me and I nod.

"Well, tell me about her." I look up at the ceiling and back down at her.

"She is wonderful, most likely the kindest person you could ever meet. I think you and her would be great friends, her eyes are beautiful and I don't talk about her much like this, only to my mum. She has a smile which just makes my heart melt and I look at her from a distance because she is beautiful, her personality is cute, she's a softie and talks a lot but her voice is so angelic I could listen to her talk about anything for hours. It's been an emotional roller coaster though with her, it's just all mixed signals and it's driving me absolutely crazy but I love every second of it." She had a huge smile on her face as she spoke, her cheeks were a dark shade of red and she looked so, so ,so happy to be talking about her.

She is one lucky girl to have someone like Rea falling head over heels for her.

"Does she know about this?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Not a single clue, she can't take hints or doesn't know when to make a move I find it adorable." She replied and I chuckle, "Is there anyone for you?"

"Hmm, yes actually. There's this girl who gets my heart going crazy and I can't help but smile around her. I love when I am with her, you see, she makes me happy like so happy and I have been so much happier lately. She has eyes that are just breathtaking and I would do anything to be able to tell her how I feel but I don't have the guts to. Personally, she is beautiful and I love everything about her, from her personality or to her goofy messages she sends me. There is just something about her that draws me in, she has me wrapped around her finger but she doesn't know it yet." I confess and I feel myself blush as I find myself smiling just like she is.

"And does she know about this?" Rea asks me and I shake my head. I did just tell her though.

"No idea about it, I won't be enough for her anyway, there's far more people better than me out there who she would date." I reply and she hummed.

"I think you are better than them all, every single one of them." She whispers and my heart beat quickens in my chest.

The silence crossed over us once again and I pull the duvet over my shoulders and she watched me do so.

"I was jealous of him." She whispered, talking to me but admitting it to herself.

"What...what do you mean?" I ask and she looks down.

"I was jealous of my brother for being with you for so long. I was jealous when he would kiss you, when he would talk about you all of the time and now it doesn't happen anymore. I was so fucking pissed off when you told me how he made you feel, but I felt bad. I hated him for treating you like that, I loved you. I loved you for three years but you was all his." She sighs and I blink a few times.

"You loved me?" I ask and she nods.

"I still do, I never stopped. I loved you the moment I met you." She tells me and I smile and she looks over to me, "What are you smiling about?"

"I don't know, I am happy?" I giggle and she looks confused, "I've been feeling different lately, you know? You have been on my mind a lot more lately, I enjoy you being around me and you make me feel happy, so fucking happy."

"You like me?" She asks, shocked obviously but also very happy, I could see the smile on her face already.

"I like you, Rea. I like you a lot." I confess and she smiled widely and I smile too, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner I thought you had someone else on your mind."

"Nope dumbass, all you." She chuckled and I laugh quietly, "Why do you think I invite you in the house? I don't write letters to anyone either."

I laugh and she smiled and pulled me into her by my waist and I look at her and she looks back at me.

"Can I kiss you?" She whispered and my breathing was trapped in my throat but soon disappeared as I nod.

Her lips pressed against mine, breaking the space between each other and I fell. I fell hard for her right there and I melted into her as I kiss her back.

They are soft, delicate and sweet. They fit perfectly together and she's had plenty of experience with this but this one feels different. Our eyes are closed, her hands on my waste and mine rest on her as our lips moved against each others.

She tastes like watermelon, her lips are damp and how I dreamed of. My stomach feels like there's fireworks going off inside of it. My heart is racing in my chest as I pull away and open my eyes to meet hers.

My chest rises and falls as I catch my breath and she laughs softly.

"I've always dreamed of doing that." She admits and I smile and rest my head on her chest and her fingers run through my hair.

"Watermelon and vanilla is my new favourite things." I whisper and she chuckles at me.

"Anything to do with you is my favourite thing." She whispers back to me and I feel myself blush once more, "Get some sleep, you look tired."

Her arms wrap around me as she pulls me closer and I turn over and move back into her as she wraps one arm around my waist and the other holding my hand.

Best sleepover I have had in a long time.