44

Lydia's POV

~~~

It took quite some time for me to realise what she just said, but when it hit me, I smiled. I smiled widely and she blushed which caused me to smile wider. She looks out at the sun setting and I stare at her. I stare at her lips, her eyes, the gently breeze brushes against us causing me to shudder and move closer to her.

"I love you too." I whisper back and she looks down at me, her arms wrapping around my waist which caused me to laugh and kiss her. She kisses me back, my hands wrapping around her neck as I straddle her waist. She pulls me closer by my waist, smiling into the kiss but also sliding her tongue into my mouth and allowing our tongues to swirl around with each others.

This lasted a few minutes until I pulled away and our eyes lock immediately.

"You are making me nervous Lyds." She giggled and I smile and tangle our fingers together, "Fucking hell"

"What?" I smile and her cheeks darkened she kept our eyes locked, "Are you really that nervous?"

"You just made out with me, and now staring at me while sitting on my lap, this close to me. My heart is racing and my stomach is going crazy in an amazing way. So yes, of course I am that nervous." She laughs and we both smile, "It is valentines tomorrow, I decided to do this today to show how much I love you, and tell you. I think telling you tomorrow is what everyone does, but I chose today because we have plans tomorrow night after the match. I made a deal with my brother so we have to go to his game."

"I will be looking forward to it then." I laugh and she smiled and I turn around as we lay in each others arms and watched the sun go down.

~~~

She dropped me off at home at 11:30 pm, then went home herself since she couldn't stay over.

I am now sitting in my bedroom, dressed in a hoodie and shorts trying to go to sleep, it's around midnight and my mind is a mess. My face is buried into the pillows and I am crying, of course I am crying, I doubt I will get to sleep anyway.

Everywhere is dark, my room, outside, inside the house, it's just darkness. My heart races in my chest, I turn so my back is against the mattress and the tears fall down my cheeks.

Then my phone started to ring, it flashed and I groan and look. Rea.

I pick up the call, wiping my cheeks, my face, clearing my throat also.

"Hi, thank you for today, I wasn't sure you would be awake since you were almost asleep when I dropped you off." She laughs keeping her voice as a whisper, "Did I wake you?"

"No, thank you also, I really enjoyed it." I reply and she switched the call to video but my screen is just darkness.

She's laying in her bed, her hair tied into a ponytail and her lamp is on strangely, but she has a smile on her face which makes me smile.

After a few minutes of silence, she turned her lamp off and rolled on her side.

"Are you going to sleep?" I whisper and she hummed.

"Stay, please don't hang up. I want you to stay around." The words came out of her rushed, I let out a sigh and nod.

"Fine, sure okay." I put my phone onto the pillow beside me and stare up at the ceiling, "I was actually crying, you called me at a bad time."

"Why, what's wrong?" She questioned and I shrug.

"I cry a lot as you probably know, but I just feel like absolute crap. I was trying to sleep but it wasn't going to plan." I chuckle and she yawned.

"Would it help if I was there?" She shuffled around and I shrug, "I mean, there's a high chance I won't be allowed to come over but I can stay tomorrow."

"You will be fucking me tomorrow." I laugh and she laughs, "I know you Rea, you always come to school on valentines or the day after with a hickey or two and a girl hooked on you."

"Hmm, maybe. Would you like to?" She asked and I hummed as I feel my face heat up, "Alright then. I don't always come to school like that, they just love me."

"Well don't be expecting me to be covering you in them, I will only do places where they aren't visible so only I can see them." I whispered and she hummed with a slight laugh, "Now go to sleep."

"Yes ma'am." She chuckled and then there's silence.

This silence lasts for half an hour, during the half an hour the feelings have been going crazy, I muted myself and cried for ten minutes before unmuting and did a lap around my room before hugging a teddy bear for comfort.

Rea is asleep, she's sleeping calmly and I have no idea what I am supposed to do. I would expect myself to fall asleep but that will not be happening tonight.

"You are sleeping but I love you. I love you a lot, a crazy lot like tomorrow holy shit I am very excited. I shall be bringing them to school for you. Rea, you make me so very happy, tonight was amazing, I enjoyed it a lot so thank you so much. You are my favourite person, you are the one who makes my heart go crazy, my stomach flutter with butterflies. I love you." I whisper as I take the teddy bear and hug it with a smile on my face.

I never ended up going to sleep, I just stared at the wall or ceiling and let myself get lost in my thoughts.