49

Lydia's POV

~~~
TW: Self Harm, Attempted Over Dose

It's been a week since the break up, 10 days to be exact. We haven't spoke since the talk at the kitchen counter. She isn't in my mind, not right now, she has been a lot but right now there's too much.

It's 2 am, I am sitting on the bathroom floor with tears falling down my cheeks, bottles of pills and then a blade. My head tilts back onto the wall as I look down at my phone just to see nothing.

I take a handful of the pills, swallowing them with water, another handful, and another, and another.

Three bottles were gone.

The ache in my stomach was terrible, everything hurt.

I took my phone and called an ambulance, I let it ring through my earphones as I take the blade and drag it across my skin.

"Hello, what is your emergency?" A woman on the opposite end questions.

"Can I please have an ambulance to 25 Northwood Avenue?" I whisper and there's typing noise, "I uhm... i've taken three bottles of pills not too long ago, I think I need help."

"What's your name? How old are you? Stay on the line for me, an ambulance is on its way." The woman spoke and I drop the blade as a sickness swirls inside of me.

"Lydia, I'm 17 years old." I answer and there's more clicking, "It's hurting."

"It's going to hurt dear, just hold on for me. I'm right here. Are your parents awake?" She asked me and I shake my head.

"No, no he's asleep. It's just me and my dad, I am the only one awake." I reply and she nods.

"Okay, Okay Lydia. How are you feeling physically?" She questioned and I stare at the walk in front of me.

"I have a headache, tightness in my chest, I feel really sick and shortness of breath." I answer and there's more clicking, "How long?"

"Not long now, just a few minutes, have you done anything to harm yourself?" The woman asked me and I hum.

"I cut my wrists with a blade." I confess and there's more typing.

"One second Lydia." She distanced herself but I could hear her speak to the others she works with.

She tells them about my injuries and what I am feeling.

"I am really tired" I feel my eyes close and then she's suddenly back.

"Lydia, Lydia stay awake for me, we are almost there." She quickly says, more words are spoken but they just fade into one another until my eyes close.

~~~

Rea's POV

The sound of sirens woke me up, they drive past the house and I groan and look out of the window. Why the heck is an ambulance going down our street at this time.

l check my phone at the time, 2:45 am. Fucking hell.

There's also a few messages from Lydia.

Lyds: Hi, I miss you. I miss you a lot and I wish I could see you again.

Lyds: I love you, I will always love you just remember that even though we said to love each other silently, you should know my heart is yours and if I had time I would be your girlfriend.

*3 missed calls from Lyds*

And then I realise, I look back out of the window and see them park in front of the house, my stomach dropped.

I ring her, I ring her without hesitation just for it to go to voice mail.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I groan and call her again just for it to go to voicemail. The tears form quickly, they fall down my cheeks just as fast and I leave my room and outside through the window.

I run, it's freezing outside but the tears fall quicker and my heart beats faster in my chest.

I run down the road, up to where the ambulance is and it's parked outside of the house. I didn't think twice, I go straight to the door and knock, I knock hard and fast, giving up on calling her so I put my phone in my pocket and a paramedic opens the door.

I walk inside, Liam saw me and he's in tears.

And then I saw the paramedics talk to him, talking about what happened, what she took, the call for the ambulance.

Two paramedics come out of the bathroom, she's being carried on a stretcher, my heart broke in my chest. Her face is pale, her eyes are closed, her cheeks are damp. The arms on her hoodie are soaked by the looks of it and there's no rise or fall of her chest.

No matter how long and hard I looked, she wasn't breathing.

"Please no." I whisper and look at Liam who is walking past me and following his daughter to the ambulance, "Is she going to be okay?"

"She took a lot of pills and lost a lot of blood, but there's a chance of her surviving." The paramedic answered for me and I thank her.

"Rea, you can come in the back with us." Liam called out and I nod and rush over as we climb into the back of the ambulance, "Your mum won't mind."

I didn't say a word, I looked at her and my eyes filled with tears once again.

"She's going to make it, she's strong." He whispered and I nod.

Of course she's going to make it, she's tough and she can fight through it.