30

Lydia's POV

~~~

Art class is one of my favourites. I sit at the front of the classroom but sadly Rea isn't near me. But for this project, we are working in pairs to create a piece of art about our favourite celebrities.

We all know who that is going to be.

I decided to work with Rea who knew exactly what I was thinking and rolled her eyes before taking out her phone and showing me a picture of Taylor but I shake my head and take her phone and scroll through images.

it doesn't take long till I find the perfect one.

My bae.

"This." I say and she nods and we do a quick sketch on the background, "Rea?"

She was dozing off, she didn't look great at all her face was pale and she looks really tired. Her bloodshot eyes tell me she's been crying and her hands are shaking by her side.

"Rea?" I repeat and she hummed and looked at me, I sigh and take her hands in mine, nobody can see, "What's bothering you?"

"You, I'm worried sick about you and you haven't been talking to me. Please tell me you are okay." She whispered and I pull her into my arms, "Lydia please."

"At lunch, okay? We can go to an empty classroom and talk." I say and she nods and took a deep breath before we pull away and continue on the sketch.

The classroom is warm and I love it, the teacher always has heating on because she knows how it feels to know that the rest of the school is freezing.

"Lydia?" Some girl came up to me and I look at her, "Hi, uhm can you please help me study with English? You are really smart and I just need help in some places."

"Sure, tomorrow at lunch?" I question and she nods and quickly left.

"I just need help in some places Yeah girl probably your pussy because she's hot and turns you on but piss off I already know that." Rea mumbles and I look at her.

"I turn you on?" I question and her face went bright red.

"Maybe, just a little." She whispered and I smile, "Not a little, a whole lot." She was silent and I grin as her face darkened.

"Shut up." She laughs and I laugh and we carry on with the sketch.

It takes us half an hour to complete the sketch and an extra fifteen minutes to outline it all. I walk over to the side where all the paint is and put down some black and white and two brushes, a pot of water and the pallet with the paint on.

"Hey Rea." A girl smiled and I head back to our table where the easel is set and quietly listen while starting on the background, "Are you free tonight?"

"No, I have plans." She answered with a small laugh, "Now please leave me alone."

She was left alone and the girl didn't look happy, embarrassed about her getting rejected I am pretty sure.

"Rea?" I question and she looks at me as she took the brush, "What's on your mind?"

"I don't know, there's a lot." She answered and I sigh before we continue the artwork to the end of the lessons.

~~~

I sat beside Luca in the previous lesson, I was asleep during it and I am now in the art room all alone apart from Rea.

I sit on the edge of a table and she's sitting on one of the chairs in front of me and there's music playing also.

"It's been shit lately, my mood is absolutely shit also and it's just something I do when I feel like this, I block everyone out because it makes me feel like I don't need anyone but I do, I need someone right now and it's hurting, it's hurting badly." I admit and she watched me carefully, "I just need somebody."

She didn't say anything she just pulled me into her arms and kissed my forehead. I feel a tear fall down my cheek as I close my eyes while melting into her arms.

"You are strong I can tell you that. You are so strong and I am so proud of you. You can cry, you should cry because everyone cries and it's what you need right now. Let it out, take a deep breath and just cry, I'm right here." She whispered and I break down in her arms and she holds me tightly, "It's okay, you are okay."

She held onto me as I cried, we stay like this for ten more minutes until I slowly stopped. She was still holding onto me just as tight, her hand gently rubbed my back to calm me down and it worked.

"I miss her and there's thoughts that come to me that I don't want to think about." I whisper and she looks at me but I avoid her eyes.

"I know you miss her, you will do for a long time but you need to distract yourself. Don't let the thoughts get to you." She tells me and I nod slowly, "What are the thoughts?"

"Well the bad ones, they just linger around." I explain and she nods while holding me close to her, "Aren't the others waiting for you?"

"I don't want to be with them right now, I want to be with you." She smiled and I rest my head against her shoulder while sitting with my back against the wall since we moved to the floor.

"I gave up smoking and the small usage of alcohol, all the things I did I gave up because I fell in love and I didn't need something to take my mind off you. It's crazy what love can do to you." She brought up and I look over to the door as our fingers intertwine.

"I see the world in a brighter light when you are around. I like you a lot Rea, I've liked you for a few weeks now." I smiled and she smiles.

"Are we going to act like we don't have this going on already?" She asked and I nod and she hummed, "Well I have liked you for three years and fuck it has been eventful. I never lost hope in you, you were always in my mind somewhere and even if I tried to move in it was impossible, I saw you ever say whether it was at home or school."

"I think you are a beautiful girl, you have a kind heart and just looking for the right person to take care of it." I whisper and she nods in agreement.

"You are my favourite person who I go to for anything, I think about you all the time and you are the kindest person I've met." She returns and I feel my cheeks burn, "You are nervous now."

"Shut up." I groan as I pull my legs to my chest and rest my head on my knees, "I missed you, distance is fucking shit and it's my fault for ignoring you."

"Don't blame yourself for your feelings, love." She looks at me, our eyes locking and my eyes fall to her lips and she leans in.

Before our lips touch, the door opens and we look and see Luca, he looks at us and sighed.

"Come on, Ryan is in a fight again."