13

Lydia's POV

~~~

We are planning to leave in one hour, I don't want to leave, we haven't talked yet. That's why I am walking up the stairs and towards her room.

I knocked on the door and heard a quiet hum and I entered, she was sat on her bed reading and when she looks at me she closes her book and put it on her bedside table.

"I thought you wasn't going to speak to me tonight." She says and I close the door. I could hear the sound of rain outside and it gave me the feeling of comfort and reassurance, I love rain.

"Well you clearly don't know me." I sigh and she pats her bed beside her andI walk over and sit down.

"I know something that something is on your mind and it is bothering you." She told and I lay back in her bed and look at her, "What's on your mind?"

"The letter." I admit and she nods and lays down with me andI stare at the ceiling, "Why now? Why didn't you send it sooner?"

"You wanted space, you wanted me to stay away from you." She says and I shake my head.

"No, I never wanted you to stay away. I wanted you to come over and apologise because what you said was ridiculous and I don't see why you said it." I keep my eyes fixed on the ceiling as I listen to the rain outside.

"I said it because they would just continue talking shit about you if I didn't, I regretted saying it straight away because it hurt you, that was the last thing I wanted. I wanted them to shut up." She also was looking at the ceiling and every word she said was true, I could hear it in the tone of her voice, "Believe it or not Lydia, I care about you, I care about you a lot. And that is why my brother gave it to you, he didn't want to, he wanted me to do it but then he saw the worry and how much I cared because he knew I messed up and didn't want to lose this friendship."

"I care about you and staying away from you felt different, it wasn't something I would do because I don't distance myself from situations but for you it's different. I wanted you to come back and tell me you are sorry and then I could tell you its okay and how much I missed you. Every second away from you felt like forever and getting that letter from you made me see you wasn't gone and forgot about me like the other girls." I close my eyes and take a deep breath and opened them again.

She was silent and I understood that so I let the silence stick around for a while because my mind couldn't process things since my heart was beating too fast and I was nervous about what would happen next.

Her eyes move to me, her head tilted and her eyes on me and I keep looking at the ceiling.

"I will stay, I am always going to stay because it hurts not having you around. Please forgive me, I don't like this at all I just want you to come back to me and forget the past." She whispers and I nod, I don't think about nodding, I don't think about anything, but I find myself nodding anyway because I don't want this carrying on.

She smiles and turns to get her television remote but I stop her. She looks at me confusingly but pulled her hand away and lets it rest beside her.

"I think we should just stay like this, it's been too long." I whisper and she nods and I look at her, "I don't want to leave."

"I won't let you leave, I will stay with you." She whispers and I nod and she pulled me close to her as I rest my head against her shoulder, "What are you thinking about right now?"

"I don't know." I admit and she laughs quietly as I take in her scent, vanilla, "Sometimes life wants us to struggle, it gives us things to go through because it makes us stronger and we need that or we can't move a step forward."

"Have you ever thought about painting?" She asks me and I shake my head, "You could express things you feel into artwork, I think you would be good at it."

I take that to mind as we lay there in silence, my head on her shoulder and her arm around me holding me closer to her.

"Life gave me you and it's the best thing life has done for me right now. It knew everything was shit and brought in the one to trust, it brought my favourite person." She smiled and I smile as her words sink into me.

The silence falls over us once more but it lasts longer this time. There was a knock on the door that broke it and she sighed and climbed out of the bed and walked over to the door and opening it to reveal her mum.

"Lydia, it's time to go home." She tells me and I nod and get climb off the bed as I walk over to the door, Rea looks at me.

I smile and she smiles before we go downstairs and I meet my dad at the door.

"Thank you for inviting us over." My father smiles and Rachel smiled, I was too busy putting my shoes on.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" Ryan says from the top of the stairs and I smile and then look at Rea who is sitting on the stairs and looking down, "Go say goodbye Rea then, you see her tomorrow."

She stands up and walks over, she hugged me. She hugs me tightly and I hug her back as I rest my head on her shoulder, I hear her sigh.

"You make me feel something too. Thank you for bringing out the happiness in me, tonight was something special just know that. I'll message you when I get home, alright?" I whisper and she nods.

"I am going to miss you Lyds." She whispers and I hum in agreement as I sighed, "Get home quick, distance isn't my thing."

I chuckle and she smiled as she pulled away, her eyes locking with mine as she moved away. My father looked amazingly happy andRachel had a smile on her face.

We then leave the house and I smile. My father also smiles.