50

Rea's POV

~~~

My mum and brother came to the hospital after a few hours, it's been three days. I am in school it's almost the end of the day, just an hour left and we are outside.

It's one of those lessons where you sit outside and do anything you want. I have no idea why we do it.

Everyone has changed, moods have dropped ever since they found out. She hasn't woken in three fucking days.

Luca has his hands in his pockets, sitting with his head down and he hasn't spoke much. Ryan is basically the same even though he's trying to make me happy which isn't working.

I'm not doing great, there's an anger burning inside of me, guilt mixing with it. It's not been the best lately, I miss seeing her around but I can't go to the hospital, only family members.

I sit on the bench which is with all the trees and my brother is sitting with me. We don't talk to each other, we don't even look at each other, he just stays silent and lets me know that he's here for me.

Luca is here too, he's sitting on one of the other benches and I get my phone out of my pocket and see a notification from Liam, something inside me brightens just for a few seconds.

Liam: Hi Rea, daily check up. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, we lost her two hours ago. I know how much you loved her, she loved you so much. She talked to me about you for weeks, months. She never stopped loving you, but I am sorry. The nurse told me she took too much and we couldn't get to her in time.

It was the first "I'm sorry" that got the tears falling, everything inside me fell apart and I close my phone, shaking my head also as I feel myself fall into the pit of darkness and then the tears stream down my cheeks.

"She's gone. She's gone." I cry and my brother held me and Luca did too, "Please no, fuck no."

My hands began to shake, my body started shaking and my brother shushed me as they both hold me. I lost her. We lost her.

I sit and stare at the message, I read it over and over again until my phone automatically turns itself off.

"Get someone!" My brother whispered to Luca who got off the bench and went to find someone.

My brother took me by my arms and looked down at me.

"Come on Rea, she's in a better place, you know that's I know it's hurting, but it's going to be okay, she's happier now and we all know that." He told and I shake my head.

"We didn't say goodbye, the last thing she said to me in person was, I love you still, we have to deal with it. Like we didn't even get out second chance." I sob and he sighed and pulled me close.

Luca returned with a teacher who walked us out to the medical room but I refused to go inside, I go to the toilets and my brother followed me.

I sit down on the closed seat and call my mum immediately and she answered.

"She's gone, mum she's gone. We lost her and I don't know what to do I can't do this without her, please, please tell me it's a joke." I cry and she sighed.

"I've been told by Liam, he's devastated. I'm coming to pick you up, tell your brother also." She says and I nod and he already heard but nods anyway, "Rea honey, don't panic, calm yourself down."

"I can't calm myself down when she's died, she's fucking dead." I groan and the tears fall as I speak, "The world is fucking cruel."

I sit and cry, my brother taking my phone and speaking to our mum to help try calm me but I was then having a panic attack in the bathroom stall.

~~~

She arrived after fifteen minutes, I am on the sofa crying, I can't say anything, I don't know what to say. I'm in shock, I'm in pain, it feels like everything inside of home has just given up and collapsed.

We could've had our happy ending, I could've called her it answered her call and comforted her. But I didn't, I was asleep and she couldn't fight her battle any longer.

I know it's been happening for years now, she was struggling, she broke up with me so it wouldn't hurt but I am here feeling like someone is crushing my heart and stabbing me over and over again.

She was my happiness, she is my happiness.

And now she's gone, she left and took half of me with her.