28

Lydia's POV

~~~

It's around 9 pm now, we are all downstairs once again and Rachel found out about we did earlier. Her and her daughter are close and tell each other everything so it was fine, she took it very well.

We are sitting in the living room, across the sofa with empty plates on our laps since we finished eating not long ago.

Rea offers to clean up, she took the plates and trays and took them to the kitchen as she cleaned up.

"How's my daughter for you?" Rachel asked me and I look at her as I smiled.

"I can't describe it, she's amazing, incredible, wonderful like she's so kind and I really like her." I smiled and she smiled back at me.

"How's it together?" She asked and my smile widened.

"Really really good, she is so nice and loves comforting me." I answer and she hummed.

"She's not a huge fan on love, but ever since she saw you that changed. Now you are together, she's holding onto you with everything she has and she will treasure you and treat you amazingly well because she hasn't had someone to love like this for a while, at all really." Rachel told me and I nod.

"How's things at home? With what happened? How are you handling it?" She asked me and I shrug.

"My father isn't the best but he's trying, I am trying but still having it in my mind and the feeling in my stomach returns every now and then but I distract myself. I am getting somewhere though." I reply and she smiled.

"I am proud of you Lydia, so very proud of you." I was pulled into her arms, I hug her back and smiled. It's nice to have this comfort.

We break apart and I look over to the television as I pull the blanket up.

Rea joined us back down and sat beside me and I watch the movie.

"We have a present for you." Rachel told me and I look over at her, "We also need to go feed Nala."

She gave me a box and I open it up and Rea laughs as I smile widely. It's every single taylor swift cd and this just makes me incredibly happy that I'm at the point of jumping up and down.

"Someone told me you loved Taylor so I saw them and got them. Don't talk about the price." Rachel smiled and I smile.

"Thank you!" I hug her tightly and she chuckled and hugged me back.

"You should be thanking Rea, she came up with the idea." Rachel whispered and I turn to Rea and hug her just as tightly.

"Thank you." I smile and she smiled as she hugged me just as tight, "Nala is going to starve."

I jump from the sofa and put on a coat and shoes and the two laugh and smile while walking over.

"I am running there you can drive my poor baby is going to be alone and missing company." I sigh and Rea took my hand and pulled me to her.

"Calm down, she's fine. Come in the car, it's cold outside." She told me and I take a deep breath and she kissed me.

It lasted a few seconds but it calmed me down and caused us to smile.

"Alright let's get going." Rachel told before we all get outside, "And we are walking."

"Okay meet you there." I smile before I run and Rea stayed with her mum.

I ran as fast as I could up the road and around the curve, it didn't take as long as I thought, just around three minutes. I reach the door and quickly unlock the door with the key I brought and enter.

"My baby!" I gasp as I run over to Nala who is running out of the kitchen and to me meowing. She climbed onto my lap and instantly began purring as I pamper her, "I love you so much."

Minutes later the door opens, Rea and Rachel walked inside and Rachel's eyes lit up when she saw the kitten and Nala runs over to Rea and she smiled and crouched down.

"I missed you too little one." The dark haired girl smiled and I head into the kitchen as I get the food bowls and put some of her food inside and Rachel cleaned out her litter tray.

I head back to Rea who is sitting on the floor with Nala and I smile.

"Hi, baby." I stroke the cat and she meowed, "Hi, love."

"Imagine having your two favourite people literally this close to you, couldn't be me right now." She laughs and I laugh with her.

We sit on the floor, our backs against the sofa with the cat purring in our laps. And we stay like this for an hour until we had to leave.

Saying goodbye is difficult for pets.