15

Lydia's POV

~~~

We agreed to Rea spending the night here, she is coming over once she gets back from her brothers practice training, so around twenty minutes. I sit in the kitchen on the counter dressed in one of the hoodies I found in the back of my wardrobe and some pair of pyjama pants I also found.

The house is warm and luckily we aren't planning on leaving anytime soon so I am just staying here trying my best to stay warm.

She is in my mind, she is always in my mind but this time it's different. I want to see her, it's like I need to see her but I won't know what to say to her. There is something about her that brings comfort to me, we spend most of our time with each other which leads us to see each other every day.

I miss her, I miss her a lot even though she was sitting with me a few hours ago.

"Hey honey, what are you thinking about?" My father asked me as he walks into the kitchen and I look at him.

"I don't know if it's the right time to say this but I think I really like someone." I blurt out and he hummed and sits on the hair in-front of him.

"Tell me about this lucky person then." He smiled and I nod as I shuffle around to get into a comfortable position.

"We have known each other for a while now but I have only just noticed these feelings. They are a really nice person who I trust, always there for me if I need someone to talk to and I feel comfortable around them. They make me feel safe, they know me and respect space if I need it but when space comes unexpectedly, I hate it. I hate not being around them, there's something going on though, you can see it, others can too. But they are so smart but acts dumb, freaking beautiful and has these most amazing eyes and their smile is just a smile which can brighten up my darkest days." I feel myself smile as i speak about her, he is looking at me happily, he is happy that there is someone who is making me feel like this.

"Do I know who this person is?" He asked me and I nod, "You are blushing."

"No I am not." I laugh and he smiled, "It's someone we know very well."

"Rea?" He raised a brow and I nod as the smile grows, "Rachel is noticing things between the two of you also. But I know she's a nice person and I am happy for you, honey. Is this why you invited her over?"

"I just like having her around, but yeah it is one of the reasons." I chuckle nod he laughs, "Don't make this a big deal, no changing the way you act around her because I have told you about this, please?"

"Of course!" He smiles and I smile back, "I will leave you two alone in case someone makes a move, you know? No sex, too early."

I roll my eyes and thank him as he gets out the pans from the cupboard and turning on the hob and placing a pan on them.

He gets a few eggs and cracks them into the pan and I lift my hood up as my phone vibrates in my pocket so I get it out and check.

Rea: Hii, I am in the car coming home, I will be there in 10 minutes! Are you wanting anything while I pack things?

Me: Hey, hurry up, I would also like you to bring some of your clothes.

Rea: You are wanting some of my clothes now? Hm?

Me: I mean if you don't mind, I would appreciate it if you do though :)

Rea: I will bring a few things :)

I close my phone as my father flips the egg in the pan and I put my phone back into my pocket as I watch him cook some food.

It takes around 15 minutes for the doorbell to ring and my father goes to answer as I finish making the next plate of eggs, the last plate also.

"Rea, welcome, make yourself at home." My father smiled and she smiled as she takes off her shoes, "She is in the kitchen." The two enter the kitchen and she comes over to me and I could smell the vanilla scent from here.

"Helloo." She stands by the counter as she watched me cook, "This smells wonderful."

"I can't cook so I will be very proud if this turns out well." I laugh and she smiled at me and I look at her, she was honestly beautiful. Her hair was hanging loose down the side of her face, its a dark brown colour almost black with a slight wave added, her eyes were shining brightly and her lips were soft, so very soft. She had the usual smile on her face, the one that brought the feelings to me, the one I told my father about.

"I am sure it will turn out perfectly, I have heard that you can cook, you just don't believe in yourself." She tells and I chuckle.

"Whoever told you that is lying to you, I really can't cook. You should see me making coffee I am terrible, the only good thing I can make is hot chocolate." I laugh at myself and she laughs.

I finish up putting the gas on the plate and then offer it to her which she takes and sits down at the table, we all sit down and taste them. They were surprisingly nice.

"She can cook, just never admits it." My father smiled and Rea hummed as she finished on the slice of egg.

"These are actually really nice, you should cook more." She grins and I smile and thank her.

We finish eating the food and I give her a tour of the house which didn't take too long, we end up in the bedroom as she unpacks things she brought with her for the sleepover.

"I brought you these." She says as she pulls out the pyjamas I wore when I was at hers, and one of her hoodies, "I had many to choose from so I picked the one pair of clothes you was wearing at mine, and my favourite hoodie."

I take the clothes from her and she was smiling at me as I place them on the end of my bed and help her put her things at the side of the room.

"So, thank you for coming." I say as we sit down on the side of the bed and she chuckles as she played some music.

"I wouldn't say no to spending time with you, we both know that already." She replies and I hum as the song Enchanted starts to play and we both laugh.

The room changed colour as I turned on the projector in the corner of my room which sits on my bookshelf, it gives off a galaxy look on the ceiling that changes colour and has white stars spinning slowly around.

"You know how it's like 8 pm, and the stars are out? Would you like to come watch them?" I ask her and Rea looks at me, she looked happy.

She didn't reply, she just walked to the window and opened it up, I follow her as we sit on the window ledge and looks up at the sky.

Stars painted the sky, they covered most of the sky but didn't block out the darkness behind it. Each star was either larger or smaller than the one before it, she smiles as she looks up at the stars and I look at her.

"Rea?" I whisper and she hummed as she turns and looked back at me, "What do you like about the stars?"

"They look like your eyes, whenI look into your eyes there's stars in your eyes and I find them fascinating. So now when I look a the sky, they remind me of you." She answered and there is something about her words that makes me melt.

The heat rises to my cheeks and she sat there smiling so me, I sit with my heart skipping a beat in my chest and the butterflies that flutter around in my stomach.

"What do you like about them?" She asks me and I look up at the sky.

"They bring peace to me, they give some sort of relaxation and no matter where you look, the one who you think about day and night is looking at the same sky. It just makes me feel better and then there is the fact how it is just a beautiful view to look at." I answer and she hummed as we sit and watch the stars.

This lasts for over half an hour, you would think we would be freezing but you can't be cold when you feel like your body is on fire due to someone being so close to you.