10

Lydia's POV

~~~

My dad drove me to school this morning, so I am sitting in the passenger sit even though I missed the first two periods of school so now it's break. The reason I am late is because sleep is an amazing thing, and everyone loves sleep.

I register myself in at the office and then head over to the library and take a book from one of the shelves and sit down at the back of the place.

"Lydia, it's glad to see you back, I hope you are okay." The librarian smiled at me and I smile back at the woman as I sit down.

The seat at the back is my favourite place, it's quiet and not many people come here which I am grateful for. I open up the book and rest it on my legs as I start to read but was soon interrupted by the doors of the library flying open and hitting the wall and creating an echo through the room.

"I swear to god, leave me alone you are getting on my very last nerve." A voice practically shouts and was told to shush by the librarian, "Get him to piss off, I can't deal with it."

"Ms Avila! Stop shouting." The librarian raised her voice but not too loud. I look over in the direction and see the dark haired girl stood there with her arms crossed against her chest as she stands with Ryan and Luca, "Now what is the problem?"

"She is being dramatic and moody because Lydia isn't here." Ryan answered and she hit him and I chuckle as I watch from a far.

"No, that isn't the thing. Ryan here, is following me around because he can't find his loser friends and because he is going through a break up so can't deal with his emotions and is letting all his feelings out on me, he is speaking very aggressively and it is really annoying me now." Rea corrected and the librarian sighed and the girl sits down on one of the sofa's behind her and thee two follow her, sitting beside her.

"How about you both move away from each other, Ryan you can go pay football outside for your next game which I am sure is next week. You Rea, go and read a book to calm yourself, you are looking rather tense so read to relax yourself. And Luca, you do whatever since it looks like you are just following these two around for the sake of it." She suggest and it took a few seconds of silence before the lot agree.

Ryan left the library, slamming the door behind him which caused a frustrated sigh to come from the librarian. Rea walked to the many, many rows of books and took her time picking one. Luca did the same as Rea.

I sigh and stand up once seeing she wasn't doing much searching for books, it looked like to me that she was in deep thoughts. When I touched her shoulder, she jumped and turned. When her eyes landed on me, she let out a deep breath.

"Oh shit, you are back. Hi." She chuckled and I laugh quietly as I walk around the shelves with her to help find a book.

"Hello, I can't help but notice you are unable to find a book." I smile and she rolled her eyes while I take a book from the shelf, "It looks like something you would enjoy."

She takes the book from my hand and nods before I walk back over to the chair and she followed behind me, sitting down on the floor and I look at her confused.

"Can't you get a chair and sit here?" I ask and she shakes her head as she opened the book.

"Shut up and read." She sighed and I hum and look back down to the book.

I would keep it a secret that I caught her looking at me in the corner of my eye, that she was looked happy when she was looking. But then its no fun not saying that I felt a flutter in my heart and the butterflies which fluttered in my stomach feeling her gaze on me.

I spend the next 15 minutes focusing on the book that sits in-front of me. Luca came to sit with us after a while and now it's just the three of us sitting together reading. That is a change though, I was picturing Rea the one who wouldn't pick up a book in her life, guess I was wrong.

There's about five minutes left of the break period, I should probably get going to my next lesson which is physical education which is the one lesson I hate passionately.

After standing up, I return the book back onto the shelf before turning to the two sitting on the floor.

"Can I walk with you?" Luca asked me and I nod before we both walk off and out of the library, I don't know what Rea has and she was too stuck into a book for me to interrupt, I always feel bad about that because I know what it's like to be pulled out of an amazing book.

We head down the stairs at the end of the corridor and turn left towards the changing rooms. Luca heads to the male ones further down the hallway and i go into the girls. Inside isn't too crowded there's only a few girls in here who look at me and smile.

"Lydia, what happened to you and Ryan?" One asked me as she walks over while taking off her tie and I put my bag down on the bench.

"It just didn't work out." I smile and she smiled back at me.

"How are you with the breakup?" She asks me and I laugh as I take off my blazer and more girls walk into the changing room.

"I feel a lot better now actually, he just wasn't my type." I admit and she laughs and greed with me.

After a few minutes of talking, she left me to get changed into the pe kit which is just a black and red shirt with black and red shorts or leggings. I chose the leggings and the school jumper which we can wear if we chose to or not, I find it very comfortable and in this weather, it is very warm and better to wear in my opinion.

The doors of the changing room opened once again and this time Rea entered, there was also a group of girls following her or walking beside her but she didn't pay much attention to them. She walks to the side of the room where she lets her bag fall onto the bench and I watch as she laughed at something one of them says.

Soon after everyone was changed, we make our way onto the grass outside where the boys play their football games after school. We are doing archery and I am not sure why. There's targets set up at a distance away from the line where there's the bows and arrows at. I do like archery but it isn't't something I fancy doing right now.

The girl from earlier who is called Leah, comes up to me and smiles. Her friend also came along who is called Anna, they three of us used to be friends few years ago but we drifted away, I am not sure why they are here right now, Lea probably wants to get with Ryan, it's quite obvious I can't lie.

"Alright girls, warm up its cold out here I know so warm yourselves up!" The teacher shouts and everyone started to warm themselves up by running back and forth. We do stretches also and this lasts ten minutes.

We all go back to the middle where the teacher is and everyone stands together.

"Now you know what you are doing, get a move on." She sighed and everyone turns and gets a bow and a set of arrows, arm guard and the finger protection, "Also get yourself into teams of four too."

Rea looks over at me but I don't look back at her, she already had her group, three girls ran to her. I could see she wanted me on her team, I heard her telling one of the girls to leave the group but she refused.

I end up in a team with Leah and Anna with someone else who I don't know exactly and now I am standing with a bow and an arrow stretched back as I aim towards the target and let go. The arrow flies through the air but unfortunately missed the centre by a centimetre.

"She's such a freak." Someone whispered and Rea chuckled, "Rea I can't believe your brother dated her that is so embarrassing."

"I know right, I feel bad for him." Rea laughs and the group laughs along with her, "She is such a bitch honestly, I don't see what my brother saw in her."