6

Lydia's POV

~~~

I sit in the office during break, I was called here five minutes ago, apparently my father is here to pick me up, that he is on the way. I have no idea why but it is what I have been told.

The door of the office opens up and my father rushed into the room, I look at him confused before I stand up and walk over to him, saying goodbye to the lady who was sitting with me before I left the school.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?" I question as we reach the car and her unlocks it. Something does seem off, he doesn't seem like himself.

Then I realised, it's happening.

My mum has been in hospital for months now, she has this disease that is slowly taking over her, she has had it for years but we caught it at a later stage. The nurses and doctors have tried everything to stop this and to find cures but there was none. She's gone, they said she wouldn't make it very far and gave us an early warning.

"I am so sorry Lydia, this morning I got a call to come down to the hospital to say my goodbyes. She was weak, she was so weak and it broke my heart. Hours later, her heart slowed and we lost her, I am so sorry." He explained to me as we sat in the car and silence took over us, the engine wasn't on, we just sat there to take in the news. The tears came quick, they fall down my cheeks and he pulled me into his arms where he hugged me tightly.

We had a good bond, all of us, we were a happy family. My parents loved each other like teenagers, at 40 years old they would still dance around the kitchen while baking or sit under the stars and kiss. Me and my mum had an amazing bond, she would always tell me Ryan was bad and I ignored her, but she also took me shopping when I was upset or she would order me food and a basket of chocolate when I was on my period, she was the person I would go to for anything. My father and me have a good bond that grows each day, he understands me like no other, he would still take me on drives to people's houses or offer people to sleep over whenever.

Now the family has lost one, there's a hole in the centre and it needs to be filled, it needs to grow to join back together to become full, or it will stay empty and pull us apart due to it growing.

"You can take the time you need off school, they will understand." He offers and I shrug, he turns the car engine on after I pull away from the hug and sink into the seat, "It's going to be okay, I promise."

"Can we go home?" I ask as I wipe my eyes and he nods as he began driving and the radio was playing in the background but I stare out of the window.

~~~

I sit in my bed, the duvet pulled over my knees and I rest my head in my arms where I cry. I have been home for 5 hours now, school just ended and my phone is vibrating, it has been for a while. Someone is spamming my phone but I turned it off.

My heart aches in my chest, I miss her already it hurts, it is hurting badly and I don't know what to do. I am not sure what I can do to make her happy, she would want me to carry on and don't let her death bring me down. It's pulling me though, it is pulling me down slowly.

I hear a knock downstairs and then the doorbell ringing and then a few seconds later the door opens.

"I am sorry, she's in a rough state right now." My father spoke and then there was muffled talking which I couldn't hear, "I'll make sure to tell her, thank you."

The door closed and footsteps come up the stairs, getting louder each second until there was knocking on my door. My father walks inside and I look at him and he sighs and walked over, Pulling me back into his arms.

"Someone hopes you feel better, I also have an idea. We should go to the Avila house, you know Rachel can help with this, she has the best hot chocolate." He smiles and I nod, I have been missing Rea, more than I thought, "Take your time getting ready, it will be okay."

I nod and he left the room, shutting the door behind him and I take a deep breath and pull myself out of the bed, I really can't be bothered with all of this.

He said take my time, I took 15 minutes getting myself together and then 5 minutes deciding whether I should do this or not.

While walking down the stairs, I see my father at the door waiting. This has effected his, of course it has, but he isn't showing it. He wants to be strong for me so I don't break and he doesn't break along with me.

We both leave the house, I know it isn't a long walk but we decide to take the car. It was silent through the drive there that is until we arrive, parked in-front of the house.

"We broke up, this morning actually." I say and he smiled, he smiled for the first time since he took me out of the school.

"Good, I am happy for you, you don't need him." He smiled and I hum before we get out of the car and walk over to the door and my father knocks. I put my hands in my pockets to hide the fact they are shaking, there's reasons they are shaking and quite obvious so I won't list them.

The door opens quite quickly and Ryan was there, he looked at us then shrugged and invited us inside. We walk in and Rachel was cooking in the kitchen, she turns and looks at us, she immediately saw what happened and almost ran over to hug us. She hugged my father first and then hugged me after.

"I am so sorry." She whispered to us both and I sigh as she went to talk to my father.

"Rea has been talking about you the whole drive home, she didn't see you at school even searched everywhere and then her mood changed rapidly when she saw you wasn't in english." Ryan told and I nod and sit down on the kitchen chair, "I am sorry, for everything. She told me how it effected you and I am a shit person. I am also sorry about your mum."

He came over to me and hugged me, I hug him back just to feel something, for the hope to feel better but it didn't happen, it just looks like he is doing it for what happened. He probably is.

"She is in her room." He whispered before pulling apart and I thank him before

I walk up the stairs and over to the room which is Rea's and I knock on the door. There was no answer at first so I knocked again.

"What do you want?" She calls out, "Come in also."

I open up the door to see her laying in her bed with her hood up and duvets covering most of her. She looks my way and I watch as the smile rises on her face.

"I am sorry, something happened and my dad took me out of school." I apologise while walking over to her, she sits up and pulled her hood down. Her hair is down and in it natural state, straight.

"Are you okay?" She asks me and I shrug, she allows me to sit down on her bed and she watched me carefully, "What happened?"

"She died, we saw it coming though, we knew it was going to happen but I didn't expect it to be so soon." I answer and she sighs and I look at her, "Any advice?"

"Do what's you, find something you love and do it. Try take your mind off everything with that one thing, don't let your mind be filled by what happened. It is sad, I know that and you will be in a bad mood or state for quite some time but do not let that stop you from doing what you want to do, don't let that stop you from being happy." She told me and I nod. Rea opened her arms and I lean in and hug her, she held me tightly that it was comfortable.

We hug in silence, the whole room is silent and we can hear the talking from downstairs even though it isn't very loud. There is something about hugging her that feels right, the way her head rests on my shoulder and feeling her breath against my neck, something about the tightness of her arms around me that make me feel comfortable.

"I'm here for you Lydia, I am always going to be here for you." She whispers, "Always."