Chapter 2 - Spirit

"Ngh....." The sunshine gently poked through Lucas' blinds, softly landing on his eye lids. Along with a quiet groan, Lucas opened his eyes and lifted his body from his bed. Lucas was tired after the fight with that little girl. Actually, Lucas had collapsed onto the bed after he changed into his pajamas.

"Uu.....My body's still a bit stiff..." Lucas cried out a small groan as he stretched his arm and legs. Certaintly, the sudden boost in power was his only way of winning the fight, but the huge toll it took on his body was immense, even if it was only for a few seconds. His body was practically screaming in pain the whole way back home, where the pain was becoming more and more unbearable.

It goes without saying that his flight home took longer than before. It must have been around 9PM when he was back...Lucas didn't bother looking at the clock before sleeping.

"My wounds are completely healed somehow....I would have been dead for sure if I didn't have maryoku."

Gently touching the parts of his chest that have been ripped apart by her laser blade, no blood or scars were left on his skin, as if he was never damaged in the first place. Of course, the experience of pain was not something he could brush off.

Lucas forced himself out of bed and staggered his way down to the kitchen. There, he brewed some of the tea that was still available in his kitchen. He took out one of the many pans he had lying around, and put it on a stove before turning on the heat.

Lucas opened a package of bacon he had lying in the refrigerator, and put two strips into his heated pan that was covered in cooking oil. He cracked open a few eggs in a bowl and used chopsticks to mix the egg yolk with the whites.

He poured the egg next to the bacon and began stirring the egg until the way nicely scrambled.Together with slices of butters bread, he made himself a nice breakfast to start his morning.

"Let's see..." Lucas sat down at the table new the television and used the remote to turn it on.

The reporter on TV was telling the weather of the today and the coming days. Apparently, it's supposed to be sunny and warm. Lucas wasn't really listening too much to the report. Rather, he simply turned the TV on for some ambient noise while he was eating his breakfast.

"The civil war has abruptly ended. There is very little information, but footage shows a mysterious identity coldly killing the terrorists that were destroying the city."

"Mfgh---?!" The words made Lucas choke on his food. He repeatedly punched his chest and hurriedly poured his throat free with a glass of water.

"......I didn't expect myself to be caught on Television." Glaring at the screen, the identity was undoubtedly himself.

"The news have spread rapidly, with people giving this person the identity as the 'Magician', as the fight shows supernatural activities. Speculations have spread about the Magician, possibly linking him to the eurasian Spacequake catastrophe. However, scientists have said there was no connection between the two."

"Eurasian....spacequake?" It was something new again for Lucas. However, it did not sound like a good thing. Perhaps he could ask Kurumi about a spacequake.

"I wonder what Kurumi would think if I were to tell her....." People would probably brush it off with a laughter and call him a weirdo. Or perhaps, people would get scared of his presence and avoid him at al cost. Maybe some would be a fan of him and ask him for an autograph.....No, it was not a realistic scenario whatsoever.

"In any case, I should keep this a secret. I would definitely get myself into trouble if people would know."

He has power beyond human understanding. He has murdered the lives of other people for the sake of saving a country. Was it the right thing to do? Telling Kurumi and Sawa about this would be a bad idea. He couldn't even imagine the look on their faces.