Chapter 40 - Rampage

Turning back to ten minutes ago.
Inside the Asgard Electronics facility in the United States, Lucas was currently working on a new project. An upgrade for the already powerful magic cannon Mistilteinn.

The codename for the new device is System Blot. Similar to Gungnir, it allows Lucas to directly feed Mistilteinn his magic. Although the magic generated by the Realizer is plenty powerful, it's nothing compared to the purest form of magic only accessible to the person behind this project- Lucas.

Making such a device isn't all to difficult. The real challenge is Fraxinus and the durability of the cannon. Gungir alone is the limit of what Fraxinus can currently do. Any more, and Fraxinus will destroy itself.

That's why-

"This is the planned structure the new Fraxinus airship." Lucas lifted the pen off, and showed the paper to Haruko and Tatsuo sitting on the opposite side of the table.

"W-woah

"W-woah..."
"Fraxinus Ex Celsior?"

Yes, that's the name Lucas chose for the new airship.

"There is currently no need to upgrade. After all, Fraxinus is our flagship." Lucas confidently said. "But- we can't count out the possibility of Fraxinus getting destroyed by DEM or a Spirit. Therefore, we should plan this ahead of time."
Haruko and Tatsuo nodded when Lucas finished his sentence.

"Right. So-" Before Lucas could start, his phone suddenly vibrated. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, and looked at the screen. It wasn't a call from any other number. It was a call directly coming the airship they weren't currently planning to upgrade- Fraxinus.

"Hello? Why are you calling me from Fraxinus?"

"E-Emergency call!" He could hear Shiizaki's voice coming from his phone's speaker. "Origami is attacking the Spirits! At this rate, they'll-"

"-?!" Without letting Shiizaki end her sentence, Lucas immediately got up and ran towards the door. He ran the way to the transporter room, where he could teleport straight to the surface above.

A weird, buoyancy feeling wrapped his body, and the straight sunlight from above temporarily blinded his eyes. But Lucas couldn't waste any more time. It didn't matter if he didn't have his suit on. That's the last thing he was worried about. He pressed his feet against the ground and jumped as high as he could. The impact cracked the ground below, and shook the surrounding area. He headed west, the shortest and fastest way to get to Tenguu City.

"Please....Please hold out for a few more minutes!"

"Uu.....Guh........"
Tohka raised her body while distorting her face. It seems she was unconscious for a while. She found sticky blood on her chest when she touched it. However, it was only natural. That's because her Astral Dress which was supposed to be an absolute armor was mercilessly sliced apart by Origami's laser blade.