Chapter 45 - Memories

The time was 6:30 Pm. The sun set faster during November. The city sunk into darkness already.

The atmosphere was cold as if the warmth during the day was a lie, and if he exhaled, a white mist formed and disappeared shortly after. The pleasant breeze shook the trees and the falling leaves flew up to the sky.

Within the sounds of winter's footsteps, Lucas and Origami visited the high ground park which has a clear view of the city. Ratatoskr ordered him to go there since it was a place filled with the mood to end a date.

Many stars could be seen at the outer edge of the park.
Well, the electronic lights sparkling on the ground were more amusing since they were more in number than the ones in the sky.

"It's a little cold at this time as expected." After Lucas said that, Origami, who was looking at the night scenery, tilted her head slightly forward.

"Unn, I was unprepared since it was warm during the day. I should have brought my gloves." Origami said that before making a wry smile while rubbing her hands together.

She was on a rampage during the afternoon but, she has finally calmed down………….Well, she would sometimes point her cell phone lens at Lucas, smell Lucas' neck, and even though she was not holding anything, she would take on a posture as if she was pouring into the cup Lucas was drinking but……………Lucas did not worry too much about it. From what he heard from her, it seems that her body moves by reflex. As expected, Origami is really Origami huh; Lucas felt a little relieved knowing that.

"Sorry, I should've known it would get this cold." Lucas said, placing his hands over Origami's.

"Ehh---?" Origami widened her eyes in surprise for a moment, but she immediately realized Lucas' intentions. Her cheeks slightly blushed and slightly looked downwards.

"Fufuun, not bad. Her affection level isn't bad. We might be able to end this today-----but I guess we need one more push to fully seal her." Kotori's groan came through the earpiece in his right ear.

"............Aah, one more thing, there is something inside her pulling her back. This reading....... It's close to anxiety. I guess it's about her not knowing about Lucas' acceptance to her." Reine replied

"Anxiety.........huh. Well, it's right after causing all those eccentric actions after all.........." Kotori made a dry smile and said that.

"Well, that just makes things simpler. All we have to do is make her anxiety disappear, right?"

"...........Well, that's right, but............what are we going to do?" Kotori snorted when Lucas asked with a soft voice.

"Isn't it obvious? Origami is feeling anxious because she doesn't know if Lucas accepts her right? Then, it's the best and fastest way to tell her through words."

"Which means............."

"The confession of love is the only choice."

He could somewhat predict that. A stream of sweat droops down his cheeks. Thinking back, has he ever confessed his feelings to a girl before? He wasn't sure, but every time Kaguya ans Yuzuru would say "I love you" Lucas always had to reply back with "I love you too". Would that count? Regardless--- isn't it a little too sudden?

"Why are you hesitating? This is the best chance to seal the Spirit hunter Devil? If we miss today's chance; there might be the possibility that the other Spirits might meet danger the next time the next chance comes." Kotori said when Lucas thought about his own matters.