Chapter 4 - A new beginning

"It's been 25 years just like that huh?" Lucas looked at the calender that he hung up on his wall in his room. "I guess it's finally time to meet him."

"Aah...."

He woke up feeling like crap. It was hard to imagine anyone would be pleased to discover their little sister excitedly ontop on top of their chest and head.

April 10. Monday. 4 years after Natsumi's disappearance.
Spring break had ended the day before, which meant it was the first day of the new school term. Itsuka Shidou rubbed his still half-closes eyes, groaning. Shidou grew up to a young, relatively good looking boy with his current age of 17 years.

"Aah, Kotori. My adorable little sister."

"Ooh?!"

Kotori whirled around to face him, one foot firmly planted on his stomach, the skirt of her junior high school uniform swaying. She had finally noticed he was awake.
As usual, her long hair had been parted into pigtails, and she stared down at him with eyes as round as walnuts.
She would jump up, revealing her strangely cute underwear and stomping on him.

"Gouf!"

"Hahahaha! 'Gouf!' he says! That's a Gundam Ground Type! Hahahaha!"

"....."

Shidou, without saying a word, pulled back the covers over his head.

"Aaah! C'mon! Why are going back to sleep?!" Kotori started to shake him violently and pulling the cover. Shidou frowned, straining to speak.

"...R-run...."

"What?"

"...I've been infected with the T-virus-short for the 'Ten More Minutes in Bed, or I'll Subject My Sister to Tickle Hell' disease..."

"Wh-what?!"

Kotori's expression quickly changed from a smile to a shocked face.

"Run.. while I can still control myself.."

"B-but what will happen to you?!"

"Just leave me here... Save yourself..."

"I can't do that! Big Bro!"

"Gaaah!" Shido threw off his blankets and wriggled his fingers.

"Eeeeeeeeek!" Kotori shrieked, scrambling out of the room.

"..Geez.." He sighed and looked at the time. It was even past six, yet he was still woken up by Kotori at this early hour.

As his fogged mind started to clear up, he remembered what had happened the previous night.
Their parents had departed the day before on some kind of business trip, which left Shidou in charge of the household.