Chapter 46 - Disaster

"...." Lucas stared blankly at the dinner table. His head hurt. His body ached. His mind was tired.
"You seem out of energy, my attendant."
"Worry. Are you okay, Lucas?"

The two girls with the same face sitting on the opposite side of him noticed this. They were none other than Kaguya and Yuzuru.

"Speaking of which, what were you doing last night? We've heard strange noises coming from your room." The voice of the girl sitting to Lucas' left reached his ear drums. She had crystal red eyes and silky black hair tied into two low pig tails.

It was the first person he met, and his first friend, Tokisaki Kurumi.

"A-ah... Well. An urgent matter came up so I had to work on that the whole night." Lucas replied awkwardly. Last night.... every since he sealed Origami, she kept coming every night in his bedroom. He absolutely cannot tell them what happened last night between him and Origami.

"Urgent matter? Was it Ratatoskr?"

"Y-Yeah..." Lucas nodded with a wry smile.

"Perhaps....Was it about Honjou Nia?" Kurumi said with a stern expression.

"Huh?" He let out a dumbfounded voice. "Nia? What about her?"

"...." Kurumi kept quiet for a moment and then sighed. "Well...on that island we raided 5 years ago, the facility you destroyed back then was rebuilt, and the security was highly improved. And---"

"....And?"

"Material A, Honjou Nia was kidnapped once more." Kurumi explained, and Lucas' half open and sleepy eyes shot up in an instant.

"What?! Nia was kidnapped again?!" Lucas raised his voice, and Kurumi nodded.

"But--- please do not worry. We are currently analyizing a plan to ambush them just like we did 5 years ago." Kurumi told him with a smile. "Please rest assured. Even without your aid, we'll be more than enough to free Nia from DEM if everything goes to plan."

"I see.....I'll leave her in your care, Kurumi." Lucas said and nodded.

"Honjou Nia? Just who is that person you are talking about?"
"Suspicion. Maybe it's a girl that Lucas had a relationship with and had an illegitimate child with?"

"Hey! Don't just make assumptions!"

People ask "If winter comes, will spring be far behind?" but judging by today's date---1st of December---this is still the beginning of winter and spring still looks far away.

As if to show that, maybe it's due to the cloudy sky in the morning; it looks like it's the coldest day of the season.
The season where people go out in thick clothing to keep themselves warm in the cold. But---

"Guess it's a little cold hm?"

The sky was white because it was covered with clouds, and the breath he gives out was also white. Right now, Lucas was wearing his usual school uniform covered with only one thin hoodie. He was currently half-way through the way to school, this time, alone. The reason was simple. Kurumi was currently ambushing DEM's laboratory on their private island, just like they did 5 years ago.

"Honestly, that idiot Nia..." Lucas sighed.

"Kaka! Seems like you are quite the cold resistant being, my attendant!"
"Praise. Your body is impressively good at accepting such dramatic changes."

Two voices echoed from behind Lucas, and he reflexively turned his head around. Yamai Kaguya and Yamai Yuzuru. They were girls he lived with alongside Kurumi.