Chapter 43 - Breaking the world

"Fuu...." Lucas exhaled. Lucas lost count of how much time has passed, but it felt like atleast half an hour of non-stop fighting. Although he doesn't know what had caused his magic to replenish itself, but it sure was a bunch of help. Ellen has retreated for the time being, but there's no guarantee that it will stay like that. Not unless she comes back to her senses.

"..." He silently stared at the girl floating in the air. "...Tobiichi Origami."
There was no trace of her usual self left. She didn't even budge in the slightest.

"Lucas." He suddenly heard a girl's voice from behind. It was Yatogami Tohka, clad in her limited Astral dress. Over her right and left shoulders were Yuzuru and Kaguya. They both seemed to be unconscious. It's to be expected. After all, all three of them suffered major wounds from the fight with Ellen.

"Thank you. I'll take Yuzuru from you." Lucas said, and Tohka gently handed over Yuzuru's body to Lucas. Now that Lucas was carrying Yuzuru, he could get a clear view of the wounds the suffered. A large cut wound from her hip to her chest.

Luckily, she was still breathing, but very faintly. "...." Lucas closed his eyes. It wasn't like he was not ready to see Yuzuru in this state. He was simply concentrating his magic.

Right then, just a second after- Yuzuru's body shone a faint light and the wound started closing, slowly but surely.

"This is..."

"I explained it not too long ago, right? This is my healing ability brought to the outside reality." Lucas said, with a smile. From that event earlier, he still had enough magic to heal that wound. Yuzuru's breathing eventually regulated itself, and the wound was completely closed. Though, healing a Spirit was more difficult than healing Sawa back then. Does this have to do with them being a Spirit?

Regardless, they couldn't just simply stay there. Right, they still had to take care of Origami somehow.

"Where are the others right now?"

"Mu... I don't know. We went pretty far away from the hospital from the fight." Tohka replied with her hand to her chin.

"....I can't sense Shidou anywhere. Perhaps--- has he gone somewhere too far away?"

"Save your time searching for him. You won't find him in this time." A familiar, sweet voice came from somewhere Lucas couldn't tell. Then, as if to match that, a shadow appeared right besides them and a beautiful girl crawled out from the darkness.

It was Tokisaki Kurumi.

"This time...? Did you-"

"Yes, I send Shidou to the past to prevent the Spirit Origami from inversing." Kurumi relied without needing to here the full question.

Kurumi then gave a brief explanation as to what happened 5 years in the past, and what had caused Origami to inverse in the first place. The death of her parents- caused by her own hands.

"Seriously...?" Lucas said with a distorted face. "Then, Origami becoming a Spirit, inversing and destroying the world... it's an endless cycle of doom. And this...is the end."

The end. The end of this world assigned to it by fate. The infinite and inevitable cycle of hell. This world is over.

"The reason why Shidou failed is because we didn't know what to do in that time, and therefore- we didn't know how to change this outcome." Kurumi said.

"Then, what should we do now?"

"The answer is simple- We should just restart."

"................Huh?" Lucas let out a dumb-witted voice at Kurumi's words.