Chapter 13 - Takamiya Mana

"Huh?"

Since Lucas had some free time of his own, he did what any highschool boy would do. Hang out with his highschool friends. He didn't really have any connections with the ones in his class, so he jut ended up going with Shidou. This was a rare occasional break from work. So of course he couldn't slack off at home.

They were good friends but Lucas treated him like a buddy instead. They walked around in a park, drinking some juice from the supermarket they bought on the stroll.

But Lucas was a little surprised when Shidou asked a weird question, not regarding the Spirits or his life, but something else.

"If there is anyone that can match my power, you asked?"

"Yeah.. you see, I was a big fan of you when I was younger. I always wondered how someone can be this strong and if it's even possible to fight someone like you." Shidou explained his curiosity.

"There are many." Lucas simply answered.

"R-really..? Who?"

"Well, Me and Kurumi had a friendly duel a few days back. She actually beat me this time."

"K-Kurumi is that strong!?" It surprised Shidou. He never really saw the full might of Kurumi, and he never expected her to beat Lucas.

"Mhm.. but there's also an enemy I can not even come close to rivalling."

"W-what.."

"The First Spirit. I barely survived a fight with her. Really, she's something else."

"..?" Shidou's attention caught something else. He looked down Lucas' hand, and noticed he was shaking a little bit. That fight really must've left him a bit traumatized.

"If we are talking about other humans, I think there is one." Lucas said, the corners of his mouth lifting up a little.

"That girl... She was something."

"Girl..? Was it one of those wizards?"

"Yeah. She caught me off guard when I was taking a stroll at night."

That night, a few days before the again. If he remembered correctly, she wore a white and blue wiring suit. It was very much different from the CR-Units that the AST had. He didn't remember her name, nor does he remember asking for it. The fight was nothing like he expected from an AST member. She had a dual laser blade the size of her arms, and a thruster which made her a lot faster than the others.

Her territory was a lot sturdier and stornger. And the way she perfectly controls it is fascinating. He managed to get a few hits on her, but the territory was always in the way so he could never land a direct physical hit on her.
He took a few hits from her, which damaged his suit and graced his skin. Luckily, she didn't get a lethal blow on him. He did take a good hit however, which carved in between his right peck muscle and left quad. A lot of blood splashed out and he had to retreat for that day. If he continued the battle for a longer period of time, it might actually have been a loss for Lucas.

"W-who was that girl?"

"I don't know.. but-" Looking at Shidou's hair color, and iris.. they kind of resembled eachother.

"She does kinda look like you."

"Huh!?" Shidou accidentally shouted and he quickly covered his mouth.

"Do you... Perhaps have a little sister? And I don't mean Kotori by that."

"Of course I don't! W-well, as long as I can remember. My memories from all the way back then is a little hazy."