Chapter 64 - Bitter-Sweet Valentine

And so, the morning of February 14th finally dawned.

It was the day for lovers who celebrated the name of St. Valentine---the day Lucas will have his first date with Kurumi in decades.

“…………” Lucas washed himself in the bathroom more carefully than usual before walking out.

"Then....onto the clothes." ...Lucas was definitely not taking this date lightly. He went back into his room and carefully chose a pair of clothes. Since he doesn't really have an interest in fashion, the girls were the ones picking out clothes for him....and a few clothes that were given to him by Miku----Of course they weren't for males, so those were out of the questions.

After a while of thinking, he decided on black jeens, a white shirt and a light-brown leather jacket, with his neck adorned with a necklace.

As if waiting, the door bell rang the moment Lucas got done choosing out clothes. He quickly went down the stairs and to the front door. He then opened it to see a familiar face.

"Nia? What are you doing here so early in the morning?"

"Good morning~ I wanted to give you this, Boy~"

“Huh?” Lucas stared with wide open eyes, looking back and forth between Kotori and the object in her hand. It was a small box decorated with a beautiful wrapping: blue ribbons and white wrapping paper, which looked just like Nia.

"This is...Chocolate?"

"That's right, that's right~"

Lucas smiled as he took the chocolate from Nia.

"Thank you, Nia. Actually, it's the first time someone has ever given me chocolate."

"EH?! That means I am the first?! Yaah, lucky me~" Nia cheerfully said, and forced Lucas to smile. “Nene~ please open it!”

“Oh, right now? Well then……”

In response to Nia's urging, Lucas began opening the package.

“Oh, this is handmade!?” In response to Lucas' question, Nia gave a proud nod.

"But the shape is....quite like you, Nia...."

Upon inspection, it was a semicircular silky milk chocolate with a strawberry protruding from the chocolate, making it look like a breast-shaped chocolate.

Lucas once again thanked her and ate a piece of it.

"Mhm. It's really good." Lucas replied. The chocolate melted away in his mouth. Although the chocolate had a bit of a washed out flavor by itself, the fruity aftertaste gave it some extra punch.

"Wait...how did you prepare this? The taste isn't like normal chocolate..."

"Fufu, instead of melting the chocolate in hot water, I melted it down in a bottle of Sake instead!"

"....." Lucas' felt like he should've expected chocolate with alcohol since it was Nia's, but a bottle of Sake...? Even for Nia that seems a bit over the top. In any case, it doesn't seem like it affects his body in a bad way. It was quite the opposite. He could feel the bad toxins immediately get broken down inside his body. It seems like he can't get drunk even if he wanted to.

"Thanks, Nia. I'll finish the rest later, but I have to go to school now. You should also have some work, right? Don't miss your deadlines."

"Ahaha, I know I know. See ya, Boy~" Nia waved her hand and left. After twenty minutes, Lucas dressed into his school uniform and left for school. There was no one in the house but him, so he assumed everyone went to school early.