Chapter 49 - Otaku Life

Two days later, Lucas was standing near the electric town ticket gate in Akihabara, waiting for Nia.

During weekdays, the station was filled with crowds of people. In recent years, the station even gained fame as a sightseeing-area, there's lots of foreigners that could be seen around.

Lucas paid attention to the ticket gate to keep an eye out for Nia's arrival. The sights and smells are pretty different from what he's used to.

Even until now, he's already visited this station many times, but no doubt this one is a bit more eccentric than others. There's countless advertisements related to anime and games all over. He felt like he woke up in a completely new and strange world. Honestly it feels like he's out on a vacation trip. However, people only gather here for one reason.

"-A-Ah, can you hear me, Lucas?" Kotori's voice could clearly be heard coming from the intercom attached to his right ear. The ticket gate area was really noisy, but thanks to the technology developed by Ratatoskr, the voice came through unobstructed in Lucas' ear.

"I can hear you."

"It's almost time-This time we cannot use the Fraxinus, so we can't use the transmission device to transfer you from the town at all. Based on your story, she's likely not a Spirit who likes fighting-You still have to be careful, got it?"

"I understand. She also said that she doesn't have much time. Somehow, I'll have to raise her affection level within the day."

After Lucas said that, another voice could be heard from the intercom. Minowa's voice was ringing in place of Kotori's from the temporary control room in the basement.

"Commander, Lucas, she's coming! Our target... Nia!"

"...! So she's coming."

"Well then, let's go, Lucas-Let's start our Date."

"Right."

After Lucas gave his consent, he tapped the intercom with his finger to confirm. Then, he went to search for Nia at the ticket gate.

Crowds of people are coming from the opposite direction of the ticket gate. It was like the train was a dam that just broke, letting a torrent of people swarm the station.

"Nia is... uuh."

Lucas looked at each person passing the ticket gate from front to back. Eventually, deep inside the crowd, he found a girl that looked familiar to him. The Spirit whom he has an appointment with today: Nia.

Even though he can recognize her... Her style is somehow different today.

Right now, Nia, who had collapsed only a few days ago, wasn't dressed up in her denim inside wear from before. Instead, she wore a down jacket and a scarf covering her mouth. Whenever Nia took a breath, the glasses she was wearing fogged up slightly.

In addition, she had lots of personal belongings with her. On her back was a big rucksack, which was curiously empty and flat. And then in her left hand, she was rolling a suitcase as if she was ready to go on vacation abroad. No, it's not only that. Taking another careful look, there's also a small sized carry cart tied up to the suitcase using several belts made from rubber.

"...." Lucas made a wry smile upon seeing Nia's appearance, which abandoned any sense of cuteness or attractiveness in order to bring her luggage.

Then, Nia noticed Lucas standing around. Waving to him, a clinking sound could be heard as she rolled the suitcase along with her while walking over to Lucas.

"Hello, hello, boy. Good morning. It's such a nice morning."

"Sure is. You're fully equipped, aren't you, Nia?" When Lucas said that, Nia's eyes opened wide in surprise. Then, she made an "Ehehe" sound as she started laughing.