Chapter 54 - Upgrade

"Ngh......" With a sudden bright light flashing on his eyes, Lucas' consciousness returned from the endless darkness called sleep. Luckily, it was still the second of January, meaning he is able to sleep as much as he wanted until the ninth, the date when the third semester starts.

"...What is this feeling...?" Lucas muttered, half awake. He couldn't move his arms, as if it were restrained by something. Additionally, there was this weird squishy feeling around him, and a source of heat that made him sweat a little.

He didn't remember buying anything like a body-sized pillow to wrap around his body. He didn't have any plushies like Kaguya and Yuzuru, so this feeling was a complete mystery to Lucas.

"This is....?" Lucas slowly opened his eyelids, taking in the harsh bright sunlight shining through his large windows.

"Wha---?!" Then, he realized what this feeling was.

"zzzzz...."

"......."
Two identical looking girls dressed in pink and blue pajamas entangled his arms. The weird sensation he was feeling were the chests by the two beauties tugging his arms.

"Kaguya, Yuzuru...?!" Lucas shouted their names quietly. Yes. Somehow, Kaguya and Yuzuru were sleeping in his bed. Perhaps....he forgot to lock the door...? Even so, this doesn't explain why the two twins were in his bed.

"Nn...." Kaguya raised her wobbling head, and wiped her teary eyes. "Good...morning. Lucas."

"Awakening... Good Morning, Lucas." Seemingly in sync, the two of them woke up at the same time.

"Aah, good morning you two---Hey, wait!!! Why are you two in my bed!?" Lucas shouted. On the edge of his vision, he could see the birds sitting on the nearby tree fly away the moment he shouted.

"Aah, that's----"

"Explaination. We saw that you forgot to lock the door, so we decided we'd use this opportunity to sleep with you."

"Why?!" Lucas cried, and rushed out of the bed. "Don't just sneak into my room like that!"

A moment later, Lucas scolded them and the two of them apologized. Lucas let out a heavy sigh once the two of them left. Then, he immediately turned on his Computer, and opened up the Mail App. In the app, there was a message from Karen Nora Mathers, which was send not too long ago.

"Hm?" Lucas clicked on the mail, and read through the contents. "I-I can..." Lucas' voice trembled, and so were his hands.

"I can work on my beloved Fraxinus again!"

Lucas stretched out his arms high up in the air and shouted. Yes. After such a long time of wait, Fraxinus has been send over to Ratatoskr's technological center in Japan after a whole rework in the United States.

Lucas quickly changed his clothes into his usual outdoor outfit, white jeans and black sweater, and headed down.

On the way down, a sweet smell drilled into his nose. It seemed like breakfast was already served.

"Good morning, Lucas-san." Kurumi said, giving off a smile as bright as the sun that had woken him up. "You seem quite excited. Did something come up?"

"Aah. Fraxinus has finally arrived here in Japan. I can finally get to work again." Lucas explained, sitting down. "I won't be gone, but I'll have to call off school until I'm done, but I'll try to finish until the ninth.

"I understand. Don't overwork yourself, okay?"

"What am I, a workaholic?" Lucas giggled. Though, calling him a workaholic might be pretty accurate.