Chapter 65 - Birth of the First Spirit

On the roof of the building lit by the moonlight, a shadow expanded as if it was ink that had been spilled.

Kurumi looked out, taking in a deep breath as she exposed her body to the fresh air.

"Fuh......”

Sure enough, there seemed to have been no strength left. Kurumi inhaled another deep breath while keeping her back against the railing.

Then, as if following her lead, the Kurumi from five years ago, with an eyepatch on her left eye, crawled out of the shadow.

Of course, she still left a large number of clones to protect Lucas. However, numerous clones, including this individual, decided to accompany Kurumi.

Yes, she was the culprit who had blurted a lot of unnecessary things to Lucas while Kurumi was unconscious. Kurumi glared at eyepatch-Kurumi with sullen eyes.

“You’ve done something unnecessary, me.”

“Ara ara.”

As Kurumi spoke, eyepatch-Kurumi appeared in a daze, placing her index finger on her chin while she adverted her eyes.

“I don’t know what you are talking about. I merely thought Lucas-san looked bored and decided to talk to him.”

As eyepatch Kurumi pretended to know nothing, Kurumi cleared her throat as she twitched the edge of her brow.

“……Me.”

However, those words were not directed towards eyepatch-Kurumi.

As if responding to that command, the shadow below her feet began creeping as another Kurumi clone made a face as if imploring her to apologize.

“…Yes, me, this eyepatch was talking to Lucas-san about everything that happened during these last few days.”

“Kihi~!?”

With the betrayal of her fellow compatriot, eyepatch-Kurumi raised a shrill voice. Kurumi, with eyes half-closed, glared at her once again.

“Let me explain, me.”

As Kurumi gave a groan while holding her hand on her chest, eyepatch-Kurumi waited for a while before making a serious shrug with her shoulders.

“Although it is indeed as you said, it is better to say that I do not understand why not, me. The determination of me is not as usual as it is wishful, me. That is why despite the strong vigilance of me, it was that reason for exposing my sleeping appearance in front of Lucas-san.”

“Well....”

Hurt by the painful point, Kurumi slightly wrinkled her brow as eyepatch Kurumi continued with her momentum.

“If so, who should be blamed for informing Lucas-san. And even Lucas-san would cherish the idea of me after saving him numerous times. What in the world are the disadvantages?!”

“………”

Eyepatch Kurumi made a grand appeal while conducting her speech.

Meanwhile, Kurumi seemed unhappy as she wrinkled her brow.

How did she get herself in this messy humbling position? Even if she wanted to use the Sixth Bullet Vav to travel back to before the fall, Lucas had not yet died in this timeline, so Zafkiel had not regained its power yet.

However, if she tried to kiss him while Lucas was still alive, the reiryoku that remained in Kurumi could also be sealed.

“So…… what are you going to do now, me? Even if the crisis has been averted for now, there isn’t much time left, right?”