Chapter 48 - Mangaka Honjou

The Ratatoskr's round table was in a heavy discord.

But this is hardly surprising. One person, Clayton, had launched Dáinsleif beyond his authority, and in order to prevent it, even the mysterious Spirit Phantom had emerged.

"Phantom.........?! What does this mean?! Why did that Spirit appeared?!"

"No, we were really lucky. Whatever the reason is, we didn't lose the Reiryoku we've been collecting. Clayton, you were too hasty!"

"What are you saying?! If I didn't start the attack, the situation would not have improved."

"However, you didn't have that privilege to fire it. This is a serious violation."

"Well, more important than that is Phantom. Can you think of ways to catch it? That being is able to turn humans into Spirits. If we had that power..."

Wam! Woodman irritatedly hit the table.

"Shut up, brats."

".........! "

Woodman spoke in a cold voice, the three executives held their breaths.

"I did not tell you to follow my lead, but at least you should comply with the agreement. If you want to violate the agreement, then I also have my intentions."

"........." Glaring at the nervous trio, Woodman continued.

"Disposal aside, you will be notified of Clayton's punishment later."

"At the disposal of.........? You say you want me punished?! I'm doing this only for Ratatoskr's sake.........!"

"It's true Sir Woodman. He did temper some impatience, but he..."

"I said shut it Almsted. You really think I wouldn't notice? In your mind, do you think I'm so foolish?"

"............"

After listening to the words of Woodman, Almsted fell completely silent.

Woodman thought that someone as simple as Clayton can't prepare everything by himself alone. The key to Dáinsleif was probably created by Almsted and passed to Clayton. It's expectable from Almsted who doesn't like getting his hands dirty. Clayton likely didn't even notice Almsted's involvement.

"If you value your life, avoid ever doing such reckless actions again. I'm not saying this on my behalf. This message was send by Lucas." When Woodman mentioned the name of that person, a cold sensation wrapped Clayton and Almsted's body, and their faces started sweating profusely.

"I'm calling an end to today's meeting. Everyone, remember to be cautious with your footsteps."After much talking, Woodman let Karen push his wheelchair out of the meeting room.

"Nn........."

With a soft moan, Lucas opened his eyes.

This is not his own room, but similar to the infirmary at school. After a few seconds, Lucas finally perceived himself to be in Ratatoskr's facility.

"Oh, you woke up?" After hearing the sound, Lucas looked around and found Reine.

"Reine...?" Lucas said her name, trying to get up from the bed. "Nngh...!" But his body didn't allow him to. His body ached everywhere.

"....Don't move. Your body is not in a state where you can move normally." Reine said in a sleepy voice.

"Just why----ah." Lucas mind then finally grasped the reason why he's here. "I see...After that I-" Lucas had lost consciousness shortly after Tohka had kissed Shidou. It might be because he lost too much blood, or maybe because he exhausted himself too much...maybe even both.