003 come on

CHAPTER THREE
come on

GRACIE abrams bit down on her bottom lip instead of saying anything, still in shock from who she was speaking with. she finally parted her lips and swiftly bumped past charlotte, her tear stained face and puffy eyes looking towards the ground as she reached the sinks.

"oh she's polite," charlotte sarcastically said, folding her arms and leaning against one of the stalls as she watched gracie.

"hi charlotte, nice to see you," gracie breathed out, a fake smile plastered on her face as she looked back at charlotte through the mirror. she took a makeup wipe out her purse and began to wipe away the ruined eye makeup as the tension and awkwardness grew.

typically charlotte would've already left the bathroom by now, but a part of her felt a little bit of sympathy for the other girl, though she would never admit it. she couldn't help but notice gracie's trembling bottom lip and her fingers that gripped the counter so tight they were turning white. maybe it was just because she was drunk, but charlotte knew she couldn't leave right now.

"should we take a pic, send it to our parents," charlotte joked with a grin. "post something to our instagrams, be like 'see us in the ring—"

"could you leave?" gracie quietly said, not daring to look at charlotte.

"damn, sorry for trying to be nice," charlotte muttered, striding up to stand next to gracie.

the two looked at themselves in the mirror and at each other. this was the first time charlotte has really seen gracie and to be real, she was a little in awe. she was a couple inches taller than charlotte and had soft brown hair that was blown out. she had nude glossed lips and her dress was a silky dark blue that fitted her perfectly.  gracie took in charlotte as well, with her reddish-brown hair and freckles that littered her nose and cheeks. her tight black dress and button nose.

charlotte finally looked away and tapped her phone, reading the time. "shit..."

"what?" gracie asked with a sour voice.

it was now 2:45, aka past the time sadie was leaving which meant charlotte would have to find a way out of the venue herself. she checked her brothers location only to see jude had left and gone home an hour ago.

"my rides gone," charlotte said.

gracie didn't respond and only weaved her fingers through her hair in an attempt to make it neater. as charlotte was swiping around her phone to see what to do, they stood in silence, acknowledging they were in each others space but not uttering a word.

that was until gracie was met with another wave of emotions. she was staring eye to eye with her reflection and the thought of her now ex boyfriend just wouldn't get out of her head. she let her head drop while tears slipped out the corners of her eyes, holding in every shaking breath because there was no way she was going to cry in-front of charlotte parker. but that can only last so long, and charlotte finally heard her breath hutch before breaking.

"oh come on, i can't make fun of you crying when i know what you're crying about," charlotte mumbled before letting out a sigh. "who was he, anyway?"

gracie turned to face charlotte and didn't bother to wipe her tears, "an influencer. alex monaghan."

"oh," charlotte replied, though she had no idea who that guy was. "we're ya public?"

"not really. but it was kinda obvious."

"that sucks. but um—" charlotte cut herself off when she felt a sharp pain in her head and groaned in pain, squeezing her eyes shut.

gracie watched her tight lipped. she anxiously tapped her nails against the counter before shaking her head and saying something she'll definitely regret in the morning, "wanna get out of here?"