029 confessions

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
confessions

AFTER drive from her meeting with maya and her team about her upcoming appearance on jimmy fallon, charlotte sat in the parking lot of sadie's place with her hands still on the steering wheel. staring at the wheel as she thought of what she was going to say to sadie. half of her was debating to just drive home and do this conversation another time.

she groaned and knew though that there was no way she could hide this any longer and grabbed her purse, trudging out the car and to her front door. sadie swung it open as soon as charlotte rang the doorbell and let her in.

"did you know that marcus wants to shave his head?" she asked. the redhead usually started their conversations with whatever random thing popped at her head first.

"oh he better not, is he going through a manic episode again?"

"no, he's just talking to this girl and thinks it'll be the right move," sadie shrugged.

charlotte cringed and followed sadie up to her room, setting down her stuff while trying to think of when to start. but saide made that choice quick for her.

"so, what's been going on?" she asked as charlotte sat next to her on the bed. "and wait can i just ask, are you with matthew cause you guys made another bet or?"

"um actually we're not together. i'm um with someone else..." charlotte said, watching sadie's face go confused. "i'm with gracie...abrams."

sadie dropped her phone, as well as her jaw, "joking?"

charlotte shook her head as her lips lined, waiting for sadie's next reaction, "she's my girlfriend. matthew's just a cover up. he found out about us the night we went to the club. i mean it's be better if people believe i'm dating him than gracie."

"so... last night you were with gracie? you're like not fucking with me on this?" sadie asked, still in disbelief.

"yup. i kinda kept hanging out with her after the first night we met and realized she actually isn't a terrible person i like expected but she's actually really... i really like her sadie."

sadie paused, it seemed like everything she's been puzzling over in her head finally pieced together, charlotte could see it on her face. but then it changed, her eyebrows creased and she whipped her head towards charlotte.

"you've been hiding this from me?! how long? why?"

"i didn't want to really, it's just that we wanted to be as safe as possible. jude knows too, he was the first person i told that i liked gracie and the night i told him was actually the first time i kissed her. we've only been together a couple of weeks, and i've been meaning to tell you—"

"charlotte you know i would've kept this a secret, i love you, i'd never do anything to hurt you," she said, voice laced with a bit of pain but also comfort. "i know your family and hers are supposed to hate each other and to be honest i kinda resented her for that reason, but if you talked to me about this i promise i would've been on your side about this! and also i've been way worried about you all this time, i thought you were hiding something more like... i don't know but it was a relationship? are you serious?!"

"i know, i know, i know," charlotte pleaded. "it's just— she's really important to me. i don't wanna mess it up..."

sadie sighed. charlotte understood why she's upset, it makes total sense, but it still hurt to see how sadie felt like charlotte didn't trust her. but she does, more than anything.