024 first date

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
first date

"BRING sadie, matt, caleb and marcus too, i haven't seen them in so long," maddie said mid facetime as charlotte drove to gracie's house.

"yeah for sure," charlotte yawned. "so what club you thinking?"

"not sure yet we can figure that out when we got saturday," maddie replied. "pre game at my place?"

"yeah, hey maybe jude will wanna go out too he hasn't met you yet."

"cool, sounds good. so where you headed, home?"

"no i'm going to gr— um yeah im going home," charlotte said, clearing her throat, glancing down at the bouquet of roses she picked up that laid on the passenger seat, causing a small smile to tug at her lips.

"okay you're lying," maddie chuckled, watching charlotte through her propped up phone on the dash.

"no i'm going home," charlotte laughed, eyes darting away from the flowers and up to maddie's face and then to the road as she turned down gracie's street.

maddie gave a skeptical look, "new hoodie?"

charlotte looked down, acknowledging that she was warmly tucked inside the black hoodie gracie gave her around when they were just getting to know each other on that rainy day and also noticed today was the first time someone other than gracie saw her in it, "um yeah, just bought it."

"uh-huh," maddie nodded. "anyways, i gotta go, i'll text you more about plans for this weekend later."

"cool, bye mads," charlotte waved, hanging up as she parked in her usual spot when going to gracie's, the very back corner of the parking lot where no one could really see her car.

grabbing the bouquet, charlotte stepped out the car and let out a stress relieving sigh before making her way to gracie's place. she knocked the door and fixed her hair, rocking back and forth on her heels with an excited grin. when gracie whipped open the door, she had a glimmer in her eyes and seemed like she was waiting to see charlotte all day.

"hi."

"hi," gracie giggled, pulling charlotte inside.

weenie came barreling towards charlotte, a toy of his in his mouth squeaking non stop as he jumped up to her legs.

"oh hi," charlotte cooed, bending down to weenie as gracie watched with a smile. "oh hold on, one sec," she whispered to weenie and then stood back up, holding the roses out to gracie. "hi."

gracie broke into a blushing mess, gingerly taking the roses, "aren't you cute," she said, kissing charlotte's cheek before smelling the flowers. she then took one out and bent down to weenie, letting him hold it between his little teeth, "look she got you one too." she looked up at charlotte, "thank you, i love them."

"mhm," charlotte nodded, too flustered to properly respond. "so what's this surprise you had planned?" she asked, eyes wandering the kitchen as she followed gracie who was looking for a vase for the roses.

she scanned the sink, her fingers digging into her skin when she noticed it was empty as usual, along with the open cabinet that barely had any food in it to begin with.

"keep your coat on," gracie replied, placing the flowers in a gorgeous vase and placing it beside her records. "and if you can, grab the wine for me in the liquor cabinet."

charlotte smirked, and waltzed to the cabinet, pulling out a bottle as gracie pulled on her shoes. she then leashed up weenie and swung open the front door.