027 baby girl

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
baby girl

CHARLOTTE lifted her head up off of gracie's chest, her arms still wrapped tightly around the singers small figure as she groaned in annoyance of the bright sunlight hitting her face. the two of them fell asleep in olivia's guest room while matthew took the living room couch. she was slightly regretting falling asleep with gracie though, as it made getting up much more complicated for her. she grabbed her phone and turned off her alarm, burying her head back into gracie's shoulder, avoiding the light. she then felt one of those cold hands run through her hair and gracie's chest rise.

"goodmorning," gracie croaked, though charlotte just hummed in response, squeezing gracie tighter. "uh-uh, get up."

"you're too comfy," she mumbled, breathing in gracie's coffee and pine scent. it was so far relaxing, but then that reminder of last night hit her like a truck. gracie seemed to have the same feeling since her hand flew to her phone on the side table and charlotte turned her head to see her opening twitter. the actress couldn't bare to look yet, so she shoved her head back down. "what're they saying."

"most are happy you're back together with matthew and they never saw it coming. #mattchar is trending again. but thankfully no one is digging further everyone seems to believe it," gracie said. "oh my god no."

"what?!" charlotte snapped her head up, worry collapsing in on her

"hangover," gracie groaned, much to charlotte's relief.

"i'll grab you advil," she replied, getting up out of bed but only for gracie. she still would much rather be wrapped in her arms under the warm blankets. she grabbed advil out her purse and handed it to gracie, just when she noticed voices from the other side of the door. "matthew and olivia are up. c'mon, i gotta leave soon to see my parents anyway."

gracie nodded and trudged out of bed, guiding charlotte out the room and down a set of winding stairs to olivia's elegant yet modern living room where she was seen seated with matthew.

"good morning," olivia smiled, taking in the view she never thought she'd see. "toasts in the kitchen if you guys want."

"cant stomach that right now," gracie said, eyes squinting at the brightly lit room as she sat next to olivia and charlotte sat with matthew.

"sadie, marcus, caleb and jude have been spamming me all day," matthew said. "they're pretty shocked we're, quote on quote, back together. especially jude but i filled him in on our plan."

"good, i don't wanna get a lecture from him right now," charlotte replied. "olivia your house is so lovely," she said, wanting to switch the topic.

"thanks, i just moved out from my apartment a few months ago," she smiled. "took a lot of decision to choose this place though. where're you by?"

"only half an hour from gracie's, near hudson yards," charlotte said.

"that's good," olivia grinned, causing charlotte and gracie to blush. "you should come by for dinner sometime, i wanna get to know you more, considering gracie never told me," she chuckled.

"that'd be great," charlotte smiled. "but right now though i gotta get going, i'm meeting with my parents in about an hour."

"aw, so soon?" olivia asked.

"yeah, i mean i told them last time i saw them that gracie was out of my life and with that, they're much more happy with me and wanna see me more," charlotte cringed. "i guess they'll probably wanna talk about me and matthew now as well."