025 flashing lights

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
flashing lights

"HEY, look you guys are matching," matthew said, pointing between caleb and sadie who were both wearing a similar shade of blue and black outfits as he put on his belt.

caleb grinned while sadie just shrugged, "oh yeah we are," she said.

caleb's grin dropped at how careless sadie was which made matthew, marcus, and charlotte have to cover their laughter. the five of them were all getting ready for their night out by pregaming at maddie's house. jude also showed up and was currently in the kitchen with maddie, as well as jenna ortega who is maddie's housemate. the two of them moved in after filming the fallout, charlotte had only met jenna a few times but she's truly amazing.

"okay grab one before i drop this tray," maddie said, carrying out an array of shots on a tray she was struggling to balance.

charlotte checked her phone after she downed her shot, smiling down at gracie's text which read he misses you, along with a picture sent of weenie staring up at a TV screen that was playing some youtube interview charlotte had done a while ago. she smiled, a slight blush rising on her cheeks as she began to type out a response.

"what'cha smiling at?" matthew asked, leaning next to charlotte against the wall.

before he could glance down at her phone, charlotte turned it off and pocketed it, "nothing important. so, how was your prada show last week, i didn't get to see it."

"great, it was pretty nerve racking having to lead but pretty sure i carried the entire show," he replied and downed his shot.

"god, your ego never dies huh," charlotte.

"never," matthew smiled. "so, remember that bet we made the night of billie's party, you were supposed to get someone's number by the end of the night."

charlotte nodded.

"how about we revisit that challenge," the black haired boy grinned. "but i'll play too."

charlotte looked away, "um i don't know—"

"c'mon, we've both been single for way too long now, and i'll raise the win," matthew said. "whoever gets laid or someone's number, wins.... $100?"

"as tempting as that sounds," charlotte started, trying to think up of an excuse without mentioning that she literally has a girlfriend. "um that'd be super awkward for jude to witness."

"oh come on, he's literally drooling over jenna right in front of you," matthew chuckled, gesturing to charlotte's twin who was staring at jenna in awe as she was on her tip toes putting a small clip on bow of hers in a strand of jude's hair. "oh and besides, marcus already bet $50 on me winning," matthew said before walking away to caleb, leaving charlotte without a chance to say anything.

she sighed, knowing she probably already lost the bet since she'd stick to avoiding it all night, but of course it didn't bother her one bit considering she's lost plenty of bets to matthew before since they've been doing them since they met, and it's not like losing $100 would make a dent in her bank account at all.

she rolled her eyes, trudging after matthew and slinging her arm around sadie when she popped up behind the redhead, "you guys ready to go?"

"mhm," sadie nodded. "the drivers here anyways."

_

"charlotte can you tell us more about filming? where're ya at?" asked one of the many paparazzis dudes who were waiting near the club the group had arrived at.