019 all for her

CHAPTER NINETEEN
all for her

"I promise you, i'm an amazing chef," charlotte said as gracie followed her down the stairs.

gracie was quiet, but charlotte didn't notice as she was too busy trying to keep the head rush away she was getting from what happened in that bathroom literally only five minutes ago. she offered to make gracie a snack since she was obviously hungry and charlotte needed some help getting out of that awkward situation that she didn't know what to do with, and thankfully gracie followed along.

"ooo," charlotte said, picking up a box of KD mac and cheese out a cabinet and placing it in front of gracie who sat dazed at the kitchen island. "how does this sound?"

the singers teeth sank into her bottom lip before her eyes looked back up at charlotte whose breathing paused, she knew gracie was going to say something about the kiss.

"charlotte, we can't— we just kissed charlotte, and not even just once it was..." gracie started, her hand slightly nudging the box of max and cheese away while charlotte was busy staring at her lips as they moved. "what does that mean?"

her eyes were filled with the determination to find an answer to her feelings, but all charlotte could do was blankly stare back, her mouth slightly agape.

suddenly a million thoughts come flooding into the actresses mind: what if she didn't like it? she probably just got swept up and didn't know what to do while it was happening and that's why she kissed back. oh god she probably hated it, she doesn't even like girls i bet. why, why the fuck did i do it—

"i'm sorry," she suddenly blurted out, getting gracie to look at her utterly confused. "i don't know what i was doing."

"charlotte, i didn't say i didn't like it," gracie softly said, her fingers nervously intertwining. "i kissed you back."

charlotte's anxious grip on the countertop softened, as well as her tense shoulders. flustered, she looked away and nodded, "ok so i didn't imagine that part, huh," she chuckled awkwardly.

"you did kiss me first though," gracie said. "was that— did you mean it?"

charlotte wished gracie would just say straight up that she either liked her back or didn't, that would make the confession so much more easier.

"i think i've wanted to do that for a couple days now," she said, raising her head to look at gracie with a tender smile. "yeah, i meant it."

with that, gracie's eyes seemed to sparkle, her cheeks went red and the corners of her lips struggled to stop from curling into a smile, "oh."

"i didn't um," charlotte cleared her throat, eager to uncover as much of gracie's feelings could since they had the moment. "i didn't know you liked girls?"

gracie looked away, hiding whatever she was feeling on her face away from charlotte, "i didn't really know either until now."

charlotte grinned, taking pride in that she, charlotte parker, was the one to make gracie abrams realize she likes girls. seriously, it was definitely one of her top five moments ever.

"and are you... okay with it?" charlotte asked.

gracie nodded, "i'm okay with it, but especially because it's with you."

charlotte's heart practically fluttered 10 feet upwards. she swooped slowly around the counter so she could stand next to gracie who turned in her seat so she wouldn't break any eye contact.

"i— gracie," she said, her ring finger subconsciously grazing the singers hand and remaining placed on top of her index finger. "i like you a lot." her eyes darted around them, the back of her mind wanting to double check that there were no cameras to catch her confession.