006 her stupid hoodies

CHAPTER SIX
her stupid hoodies

CHARLOTTE paced up and down her trailer while nervously tapping her fingers on her arms. she had just finished filming for the day and it was around noon, aka the time to go fulfill the promise she made to herself yesterday.

"you ok, lotts," maddie ziegler asked the girl who stopped at the nickname.

"yeah i'm just..." charlotte trailed off and began picking up her things and pulling her bag over her shoulder. "i've gotta meet with someone."

"ooo who?" maddie asked as she flopped onto charlotte's couch.

charlotte shook her head, "no one important. i'll see you tomorrow though mads."

"kay," maddie replied and watched curiously as the nervous girl left her trailer.

charlotte trudged to her car and put in the google maps for gracie's apartment building with shaking hands. maybe she shouldn't be driving but oh well, one speeding ticket never hurt. she didn't even know if gracie is home which was a problem, so like a stalker, charlotte checked through all of gracie's recent social media stories to see if she's gone anywhere, which it didn't seem like she did.

charlotte took a deep breath as she began to drive out, preparing herself for the excruciating time she'll be spending with the bitch that is gracie abrams.

gracie was hidden under the black covers of her bed, the lights were off and windows were shut to not let a single ounce of light in. she was supposed to go to the studio today, but she just called her team to let them know she was sick instead. but she wasn't. gracie was going through what she imaged was hell.

she knew it wasn't healthy to deal with her breakup all shut off from the world in her room, but the way alex had so brutally broken up with her after two years had broken her completely. that's what she thought at least. the only good thing to come out of this situation was probably that she'd be able to make a shit ton of good songs.

she closed her eyes, ready for her first of many naps of the day, but was sadly interrupted by a knock head from the front door downstairs. she groaned in annoyance and took a minute to collect her emotions before walking out to the door.

once she opened the door her eyes widened at the sight of charlotte parker. the smaller girl was staring at gracie with a slight smile with her hands stuffed in her pockets.

"hi?" gracie slowly said.

"hi. um, i came to take you to lunch."

gracie crinkled her eyebrows. she was a little drunk that other night they met but not drunk enough to ask charlotte out to dinner because she surely didn't remember that.

"sorry?" gracie awkwardly asked.

"well, i wanted to say thank you and maybe we can talk about our fam—"

"sorry charlotte i'm not really in the mood," gracie truthfully mumbled, already beginning to slightly close the front door.

"come on, you did say i owe you. my treat."

"you don't need to thank me, we already talked about it, it was no problem really."

"please," charlotte sighed. "i'll make sure we won't be seen, i got a place in mind." charlotte noticed that gracie looked like she was still asleep as her eyes were struggling to keep open, "you've been sleeping all day, you probably haven't eaten, huh."