epilogue

epilogue

IT'S been three days since the day the article came out, and charlotte still hasn't responded to her parents texts or calls from that day. but in return, they haven't further reached out at all, leaving her days full of impatient pacing and constantly refreshing her parents social medias.

matthew rolled his eyes when he saw charlotte bump square into the bed with her eyes glued to her phone, "charlie," he yanked her down to sit next to him.

"what," charlotte muttered in annoyance, swinging her legs over top of matthews and scrolling down the twitter thread she was reading under her new hashtag.

matthew sighed, knowing that if he tells her to put her phone away one more time she'd probably chuck it at his head, "nothing. so how'd the dinner go?"

that got charlotte to finally look away from her phone, "it was fine... katie saw me having a panic attack."

matthew burst into laughter and covered his face with his hand as charlotte threw a pillow at him.

"it's not funny!"

"well other than that, how'd they like you?"

"well they were really rough at first but i think katie's actually starting to like me? henry is cool though, jj just kept roasting my parents, and her younger brother, august, wasn't even there so."

"they didn't say or do anything out of line?"

charlotte shrugged, "all i really gathered was that my parents are way worse. not just to me but to gracie too. but i don't know, they haven't spoken out about the article publicly yet."

"hey don't worry, with the way they're like the number one most hated people online right now i bet they're gonna switch their behaviour as soon as possible," matthew replied. "and then you and the wife will live happily ever after," he smirked.

charlotte playfully rolled her eyes, "we better. anyways, who's all coming over tonight?"

matthew grabbed his phone off his nightstand, "the usual, and i invited liv over."

charlotte grinned at how matthew now uses her nickname.

"what?"

"nothing, nothing," charlotte hummed. "just y'know, if you want all of us to leave at a specific time so you can have some along time with livvy we will gladly—"

matthew shoved her legs off of him, "what are you even talking about," he scoffed. "y'know me and her are just friends."

"yeah well friends who can't keep their eyes off each other—"

"shut up and go text gracie or something, see if she wants to come over too." matthew brushed off the olivia topic and stood up, "i'm gonna go shower real quick."

"aww, getting ready for mrs rodrig—"

"jump off a cliff!" he sang aloud as he exited the room.

charlotte laughed and pulled her phone back out.

_

gracie🩷🎀

4:05pm

gracie🫵

what times ur album
photoshoot done?

charlotte 🫵

i finished up an
hour ago, at home now