016 falling harder

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
falling harder

‼️TW: PUKE, MENTIONS OF SA & ROHYPNOL‼️

CHARLOTTE woke up feeling like hell. being hungover while also waking up from getting roofied wasn't a good mix at all, and her body made sure to tell her that. she was alone, and this time she could recognize she was up in nine other than gracie abrams bedroom.

what the fuck am i doing in here.

panic settled in, "no no no no," she ranted, knowing she should be anywhere but here. and just as she was about to go into a full blown panic attack, that beautiful brunette walked in carrying a mug of coffee and a glass of water. charlotte immediately felt comforted just by seeing her in her pink hoodie and pyjama pants, paired with pink slippers shaped to look like clouds.

"hi, char," gracie softly said. "are you feeling okay?"

"gracie," charlotte said, scrambling closer to her on the bed, "what am i doing here-"

"i'll explain... but you're not gonna like it," gracie tenderly said, then handing charlotte the glass of water as she sipped her coffee.

charlotte exhaled in distress, "how-how did i get here? i don't remember... oh my god where did i go last night?!" charlotte immediately lifted up the sheets to see she was no longer in her dress she remembered getting into last night, but instead an oversized t-shirt and sweatpants.

the last thing she was able to recall from the night before was taking mirror pics of herself in said dress before heading out the front door. the rest from there is nothing. and now she's woken up with weak limbs, an aching stomach, a hangover headache, and a beautiful brown eyed girl, holding her hand in comfort.

"char..." gracie shuddered, "you went out with lily rose depp last night, you guys are friends right?"

"yeah?"

"and well, you kind of blacked out."

"what? i don't drink that much—"

"no-no it wasn't 'cause of alc," gracie said, her eyes softly gazing into charlotte's.

"then how?"

gracie sighed and looked away, "a boy roofied you. one of lily's friends. he was gonna—" gracie had to stop herself as she couldn't finish the sentence without her heart breaking.

but charlotte instantly knew what she meant, and her heart sank, her finger nails bedding into her palm, "oh. did he?"

"no, he didn't," gracie immediately said with a reassuring smile, "lily got you out of there and she called me to pick you up."

charlotte nodded, cracking her knuckles and letting out a shaky breath, "well that's good. kinda happy i forgot about that then."

they both stared blankly at the floor, sitting in the silence of the fear they both had. charlotte didn't really even know how to feel.

"i just wanna make sure you're okay," gracie said.

"i-i'm fine i guess. i mean nothing happened so... it's fine. i should call lily," she sighed. "a-and i need to get home, like now." she franticly said, grabbing her purse and phone off the side table and beginning to tie her hair quickly up into a bun.

"charlotte, you were just roofied not even a full ten hours ago, not to mention you're probably hungover, and you look like shit. no offence," gracie mumbled, staring at the pale girl in disbelief.