007 unstable hugs

CHAPTER SEVEN
unstable hugs

CHARLOTTE drove gracie home and followed her up to her place to stay, just for a little bit though. although she did have work early in the morning, charlotte couldn't help but want to stay with gracie. she was clearly hurting after seeing her ex at the cafe. and charlotte wanted to make sure she wasn't alone.

when charlotte first heard of the breakup that night at the party, she didn't really take in how hard it hit gracie. but she definitely could now, noticing how fragile the brunette looked and how her apartment was more messy and she never has the lights on or let any light in. you could just feel the sad energy practically vibrating off the walls.

"i cant believe he shows up the one time i leave my house," gracie sighed, curling up on her couch while charlotte laid on the floor playing with her dog. "told you i shouldn't have gone out.."

"he should be the one not going out. why did you guys break up though? if it's ok i ask."

gracie frowned and tightened her grip on her knees with a sharp sigh. charlottes eyes softened at the sight and she felt a little bad for making gracie think of the moment she got broken up with.

"um, i wasn't good enough... for him," gracie cleared her throat. "he found someone he thinks is prettier, better, more attractive, funnier," she faked a laugh to make the situation seem a bit lighter.

"that fucking sucks, i'm sorry," charlotte said, moving to sit next to gracie on the couch. she wanted to warp her arm around gracie, or hold her hand, but she wasn't sure that gracie would even like that or if she even considered charlotte as a friend yet.

"yeah." gracie bit her cheek, she still didn't want to let charlotte see her cry, no matter how obvious it was that her eyes were watering. however she was never good at hiding her emotions. "but i loved him," she chocked out, which finally broke her into tears.

"abrams, i can promise you there are so many better people out there for you," charlotte said, inching closer to gracie to provide as much comfort she felt she could. "and i bet you could pull anyone you wanted too anyways..." charlottes softly said, her eyes wandering up and down gracie.

gracie didn't respond, but only stared back before looking away and sighing, throwing her head back onto the cushions and wiping away her tears.

"we could go trash his house... spray paint his car...?"

gracie let out a laugh finally smiled, "i'm seriously way too tempted to do that."

charlotte glanced at her phone to check the time, and knew she should probably get going. though she still wanted to stay, just for a little longer. but she didn't wanna overstay.

"just know that he's a dick, and you're ten times more than what he could be," charlotte said, standing up and going over to pull her shoes on. "and prettier, so don't worry about that bit." gracie raised and eyebrow. "i stalked his instagram after that night."

"oh cute," gracie chuckled, standing up and walking charlotte to the door. "wait um can i see your phone?"

charlotte hesitantly handed gracie her phone, carefully watching her fingers glide across the screen.

"there. you're cool i guess," gracie said with a smirk, handing charlotte back her phone for her to realize gracie had put her number in.

"oh thanks i'm so honoured," charlotte sarcastically said. "so safe to say we're...?"

"friends. frenemies. somewhere in that spectrum," gracie replied, getting them both to smile. "but for the record im still gonna talk shit to my parents about you. cant have them being suspicious," she grinned.

"me too," charlotte nodded, her hand landing on the door knob to turn it.

"wait," gracie quickly said as the door began to open. "sorry, can i hug you?"

charlotte blankly stared at gracie for a moment because this was the last thing she'd expect to hear from gracie.

"only 'cause you're unstable," charlotte replied, wrapping her arms around gracie and feeling her warmth and cold hands burn into her skin.

gracie shivered as charlottes hand ran down her spine and pulled away, "alright don't get caught leaving my place."

"i'll try," charlotte said, exiting the apartment and watching gracie slowly shut the door.

__

soph!
semester 2 starts tmrw for my school  :(
anyways February is coming aka the month of GA1 🤞🏽

__