028 run-ins

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
run-ins

SHE only got through a couple of bites before saying she couldn't take anymore, feeling too exhausted emotionally, physically, and mentally. charlotte nodded and gave her a smile.

"that's okay," she said, putting the dishes away. "we can take this slow, i wanna help you as best i can while keeping you comfortable," she said, getting gracie to smile adoringly. "want me to take weenie out to pee?"

gracie nodded, "that'd be great."

charlotte picked up weenie's leash and clipped it on, pulling on one of gracie's jackets as she stepped out the apartment. she shut the door sighing as she leaned her head back against it, bringing her hand up to rub her eyes. that was the hardest fifteen minutes she's spent in her whole life, the most heartbreaking and definitely time she'd never forget. but she wasn't going to run away from this, hell no, she was going to help gracie until everything was better, until her lungs give out.

she was about to go take weenie outside when her phone rang again, sadie's contact lighting up the screen. she cringed as she answered the phone, knowing sadie was probably freaking out from the previous call.

"hi sadie—"

"what the hell is going on, you just called me saying gracie passed out, and i can only like assume that's gracie abrams—and you sounded freaked the fuck out and then you just hang up?!" sadie worriedly shouted. "where are you?!"

"it's—i'm sorry sadie," charlotte groaned as she stepped into the cold night. "a lots been going on and yeah it was gracie abrams... she passed out and i didn't know what to do so i called you but it's okay now and um... i need to tell you something when i see you next."

she heard sadie's sigh, "charlie i'm really worried, you've been keeping something from me, i know it. and the matthew post? since when are you two into each other again?"

"um... i also need to talk to you about that it's not what it looks like really but i-i know i've been keeping shit from you but it's just really delicate, i've been meaning to tell you for a while now."

"when can we meet up?"

"after work tomorrow come to my place. um there's also an interview coming out tomorrow, the IMBd one. it'll kinda tie in with what i'm telling you."

"oh god please don't tell me you're moving somewhere to film for a good girls guide to murder," sadie said with shock.

god, if only that was it things would be so much easier.

"no, don't worry i'm not moving anywhere," charlotte laughed. "i'll text you when i'm wrapping tomorrow. sorry again for calling like that earlier."

"it's fine as long as you're okay," sadie sweetly said before the two said their goodbyes and hung up.

charlotte stood in the cold as weenie pranced around in the grass, her eyes staring up at the numerous lights in the buildings around her. she walked with weenie down a couple corners waiting for him to do his thing while trying to guess how sadie will react when she finds out everything she's been hiding from her. sadie never got angry over things, the only time she could remember said actually raising her voice out of anger and not worry to anyone was when marcus broke her TV by accidentally knocking it over while playing football in the house with matthew. and even then, she got over it by the end of the night. but this was different, charlottes always been open with sadie and return she was with her.

"you seem stressed."

charlotte turned her head, almost jumping out of her skin from joe startled she was from the voice directly behind her. and even more so by who she was looking at.