008 in my head

CHAPTER EIGHT
in my head

THE sound of rain continuing to pour and pour outside made charlotte miserable for the day ahead. she was never a morning person, but nearly everyday she'd have to wake up at 4am to get ready for work. sometimes she really considered quitting and just fleeing the world and live in a little cottage off the grid.

while humming along to Ladders by Mac Miller, sitting on the floor of her room doing her makeup, charlotte realized she couldn't get the thought of gracie abrams out of her head. she couldn't figure out why, maybe it was because they've been spending time together which she never would've guessed could happen, or maybe it's because she enjoys the thrill she gets from seeing gracie. though she couldn't really describe why she gets that either.

suddenly, her phone started to ring since jude called her. she answered hesitantly, knowing she hadn't talked to him about hanging out with gracie yet and he definitely had seen the articles and such.

"charlie," he breathed out, sounding rather frustrated. "if one more person on the street asks me about you and gracie i'm going to jump into oncoming traffic."

"would it kill you to be a little less dramatic."

jude exhaled and charlotte could practically see his eye roll. "so how did that all happen."

"well, we both happened to be in the same bathroom, next thing i know i'm in her car and i wake up the next day in her house in her clothes. y'know she has a dog, i really thought she'd be a cat person. and it smells so good in there it's like—"

"wait wait wait," jude laughed. "are you guys friends?"

"define friends," charlotte awkwardly said before sighing. "i mean i think so. yeah we are. but i can't have dad and mom know. or y'know the public."

"i think you should drop her. she can't be better than her family, imagine being raised to hate certain people and then all of a sudden liking them. i cant believe that for a second."

"jude, that literally happened to me. i grew up thibking she's a bitch, but she's not too bad."

"yeah whatever," her brother muttered. "look i just don't think it's a good idea. i saw one rumour from the picture of you guys walking that she kidnapped you and you're currently in her basement."

"do people really see her as someone capable of that, she literally has finger paintings of stars taped to her fridge."

"i don't know, bitches be bonkers," jude replied. "anyways i gotta go get ready to head to the studio, i'll see you."

"kay, love you," charlotte said before hanging up.

she began tapping her fingers against the floorboards rapidly, the pit of anxiousness over how her family feels about the abram's was growing in her stomach, and she knew gracie probably was feeling the same.

she took three shakey breaths in an attempt to calm down before finishing up her makeup and getting dressed for her day. thats when she had the brilliant idea for what she should do in her free time after work.

future boy band

4:28am

charles
what u all doing
tnight

mario kart irl
nothing

little miss broadway
we hanging out??