040 nightmare

CHAPTER FORTY
nightmare

JOHNATHAN walked into the kitchen, unbuttoning his coat and staring down, "what is it dear?" he asked.

his wife was still staring dead ahead of her at the singer standing still at the island. when she didn't reply to her husband, he raised his head and followed her gaze.

"what the... what the fuck?! what're you doing in my house?!" he shouted, striding right up to her with his finger pointed at her face.

gracie backed up into the counter, "woah, um... i-i just-"

"where's charlotte, i saw her car parked outside," mrs. parker said.

"you didn't get the memo that i don't like you around my daughter i see because you're standing in a house that i paid for?! you've embarrassed me publicly and now you wanna do it privately too?" he scoffed, having to pocket his hands to fight the temptations he had.

suddenly, the door slid open again and in walked olivia. gracie wished it was literally anyone else from outside considering olivia doesn't know charlottes parents. once olivia spotted the couple, she froze as well, dropping her can to the ground which spilled all over the floor.

"woah. gracie, what're they doing here?" olivia whispered from across the kitchen as if mr and mrs parker couldn't hear her.

"who the fuck are you?!" mr. parker shouted.

"i'm olivia, y'know i'd say nice to meet you and shit but i've heard you're a dick so..." olivia smirked.

"olivia. go get charlotte and jude," gracie said through gritted teeth, nodding for her to leave the room before she said something else to set things off.

"right, yeah, my bad," olivia said, turning on her heel and dashing out the door.

"i'm calling the police," mr. parker said, grabbing gracie by her wrist who flinched and looked up at him in shock.

"what?! no, no, no, charlottes here, she invited me and liv over, we're just hanging out c'mon, get your hand off me, i'm not a fucking child," she yelled, yanking her arm out of his grip.

"this is my property, not hers," mr. parker slyly replied.

"johnathan, let's just calm down a bit, you're scaring her," mrs. parker softly said. sure, she wasn't a fan of gracie and her family either and hated what issues they've had, but she's a mother at heart. she hated seeing a young person, the same age as her very own, scared and in a bad situation. "let's just sit down for a minute. does that sound okay?" she said gently to gracie.

"leighton, this is not for you to handle—"

"mom?! dad?!" said a voice from behind gracie. charlotte rushed inside with everyone else behind her. her eyes landed on gracie, standing close to her dad and backed against the island, "hey, are you okay?" she asked, rushing up to her and placing her hand on her back.

"is it your job now to keep disappointing us over and over again, charlotte?!" johnathan shouted, slamming his fist to the countertop.

"dad, please, our friends are here," jude scoffed, extending his arm off to show the herd of worried eyes behind him.

"well your friends really have no idea how idiotic it is to be betraying your own blood and acting like a- a fucking queer all over the internet!"

marcus chuckled, "he knows i'm bi and have openly kissed men before right?"

"shut up," caleb whispered, gripping his shoulder. "not helping."

"what did i tell you at the premiere?" mr. parker paced around the kitchen, hands on his hips and utter stress on his forehead. "we could've fixed you, but you keep digging this hole for yourself, and i'm sick of it! what's you gonna do next, act in one of her dads movies? i mean you might have to, who knows who will hire you now."