031 dreading tomorrow

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
dreading tomorrow

JUDE dropped off charlotte and gracie off at gracie's house and olivia at her place at around three am after their long night at sadie's, absolutely hating the car ride with all three of them, tipsy as ever.

"thanks judey," charlotte waved to her brother as he drove away and gracie fumbled for her keys. she followed after her up to her apartment. once inside, charlotte bounced onto the couch while watching gracie hum a song to herself. "do you think any articles have came out yet about alex showing in the ER or something."

gracie shrugged, "i don't wanna check until the morning... are you sure he's not going to say anything to the cops about us?"

charlotte shook her head, "i think we're good. i mean, i think we did a good job at scaring him off so..."

"true. but he's pushy," gracie mumbled, sitting on the couch.

"and dumb."

"and a bitch."

"throws weak punches."

"has bed breath when he kisses."

"is ugly."

gracie threw her head back, "nah, he was hot, gotta give him that. well, he has hot until jude and matthew fucked up his face."

"i never knew jude could actually throw a punch," charlotte laughed. "he's so like... just casual you know?"

gracie laughed, "at least you know he'll fight for you. and i will too, maybe not punch but i will kick some balls though."

"rip alex's future kids," charlotte mumbled. "hey what're you doing this monday?"

"nothing, free day."

a grin grew on charlotte's face, "i'm gonna be goin on jimmy fallon... wanna come?"

gracie excitedly smiled, but it slowly faded away as she groaned, "we can't be seen char."

"i know but you can meet me after, or even just hide backstage, i asked jude to come with," charlotte said. "you can watch on the screen from my dressing room."

gracie sighed, "too risky. especially with the amount of times we've been close to getting leaked, i don't think it's a good idea." gracie frowned when she saw the sadness and pout on charlottes face. "i'm sorry baby."

"at least lemme see you for dinner afterwards?"

gracie hesitantly looked away, then cleared her throat. obviously the idea was making her a little uncomfortable, especially given the last time they had dinner together. but she knew it'd make charlotte happy.

"of course," she smiled. "c'mon, i wanna go take a shower."

"yeah me too," charlotte yawned. just after she said that, gracie paused and made eye contact with charlotte as a suspicious look appeared on her face. "what?"

"i mean we both wanna take a shower... maybe wanna—"

"yes."

_

charlotte took it upon herself to wake up earlier than gracie in the morning, eight am to be exact. though it was excruciating to wake up, like every other morning, she decided to get up early purely to make gracie breakfast. she was having a peaceful moment, making avacado toast with açai bowls in the kitchen until her mind wandered back to last night.