005 that Abrams kid

CHAPTER FIVE
that Abrams kid

"IT'S in paris," matthew said, sitting across his ex girlfriend on her couch and handing her a cup of hot chocolate, something he always makes for her when he's over. "should be fun."

"who's opening it?" charlotte asked while the two were discussing mathew's next runway show.

matthew shrugged his shoulders in response.

"i would come but i'm filming that day," charlotte frowned.

"that's ok, don't worry about it," matthew said. "so anyways though, charlotte, how was last night."

charlotte groaned at his menacing grin and threw a pillow square into his face, "don't even ask."

"come on, might as well practice getting your story straight for your parents. and jude. hey where is he anyways, i never saw him leave last night."

"oh marcus said he saw him leave a bit early off with some of his friends. wish i left with him," charlotte scoffs before placing her face in her palms.

"y'know if we're being real here, you could gain a lot from this. like you and gracie can continue leaking little things if you guys together and people will be going literally crazy," matthew said. "it'll boost your name more before a good girls guide to murder comes out, not that it needs it but y'know. some for gracie."

"as tempting as that sounds, my parents wouldn't allow that shit and neither would hers probably." charlotte sighed before hitting her tongue of what she was going to say next, "but i do kind of want to see her again."

"oh shit did you two hookup or something—"

"ew, fuck no matthew, shut up," charlotte quickly said, kicking his leg. "i meant i want to see her to say 'thank you' for making sure i wasn't left out on the streets. maybe buy her dinner? or is dinner too formal, maybe lunch. or coffee, she likes coffee—"

"yeah take her to lunch, it'd be nice. maybe you two can clear things up with your family fueds too. oh and maybe get her friend olivia's number for me...?"

"i agree to the first half, second half no," charlotte replied. "wait shit, i don't have her number."

"just go back up to her house," matthew said optimistically. "if you come off as bold maybe it'll teach her to respect you more," he shrugged.

__

three knocks echoed through charlottes apartment from the front door. matthew had just left, so she headed to the door assuming it was him to collect his forgotten keys or something.

she opened the door and he face dropped as she found herself staring right up at her mom and dad, their arms crossed and wearing disappointing looks.

"hi sweetie," ms. parker said and stepped into the apartment, swiftly brushing past her daughter and followed by her husband.

"oh hey guys," charlotte said enthusiastically, a lame attempt at sounding like she had no clue what conversation was going to occur. "what's up?"

"charlotte i cannot believe you," her father snapped once his daughter shut the door. "your mother and i saw the news that you went into a car with that-that abrams kid last night."

"woah shocker," charlotte mumbled under her breath so they wouldn't hear, awkwardly standing with her hands folded behind her back, looking at the floor and rocking on her heels like a child.

"charlotte, you know that family is terrible. you know what that girls father has done?! he's stolen grand portions of my work, he has been throwing shade at me and your mother for years—"

"don't you and her do the same thing—"

"i'm not done speaking," mr. parker quickly cut off and stepped forwards. "look if any interviewers or anyone asks you about last night, you tell them she was driving you because your driver was unavailable and she offered. that is all you will say."

"y'know she wasn't that bad really. annoying, yes. a crybaby, yes. has a really touchy dog, yes. but she did save me from sleeping on the street last night, and that would've been a bigger stab to our family's publicity wouldn't it? we should be thanking her," charlotte said rather nonchalantly. "i was thinking of going to say thank you to her, take her to lunch."

"no."

"mom, come on."

"no, i'm putting my foot down charlotte, that girl is no good if she's been raised by her family that's for sure. she'll screw you over just as quick as her father did," ms.parker hissed.

"and for now on, i don't wanna hear shit about you associating with that family again. you stick to your circle charlotte, and you don't start any controversy," mr parker said.

charlotte always got quiet when her parents argued with her after a while because she knew she'd never win. she couldn't remember a single time her parents really let her speak whilst arguing. but to be fair, charlotte can be the same and so can jude to others. they are their parents children.

"ok," she said as quiet as a mouse.

"good," mr. parker said and patted her shoulder.

"what did you two talk about," ms. parker asked, getting a cold stare from her husband.

at first charlotte was going to tell her parents about gracie's breakup, but she knew they might use that to their advantage and get it leaked somehow in spite of the rivalry, although she wouldn't be too mad if that happened, she still had some hate for gracie. so instead she came up with a on the spot lie.

"just about how good the party was i guess, i don't really remember much."

both her parents rolled their eyes and sighed.

"alright then. sorry for pestering you honey but you know you shouldn't have been with her," her dad said and kissed the crown of her head before heading for the front door. "we only came for a minute we have to get home, but goodnight, good luck at work tomorrow."

"mhm, bye love you," charlotte said as she waved her parents off. once the door shut she remained frozen in her spot, with only one thought running through her mind.

i'm going to go thank her tomorrow, and then i'll never have to see her again.

besides, charlotte wasn't a teenager anymore, and if she wanted to speak to someone she would. she just has to hope she doesn't get seen.

__

soph!
next chapters gna be interesting...

__