032 are you okay?

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
are you okay?

"charlotte?"

"charlotte?"

"charlotte."

"charlotte," jude firmly gripped his hand on his sisters shoulder, startling her as he snapped her out of her thoughts.

"hm?" she hummed, glancing over at him.

"i said are you okay? you don't look... great," jude said.

currently the twins were sitting in the back of charlottes drivers car, on the way to jimmy fallon. and to be real, charlotte didn't feel great. she never got any sleep last night, not after getting through her panic attack by herself and then sitting up all night worrying about right now. she was utterly exhausted and overly anxious, feeling overstimulated at every passing noise, and her stomach was aching in worry as they got closer and closer to set. she barely said anything all day and didn't eat anything really, too nervous to open her mouth.

however, she didn't want to let anything seem wrong today, it was supposed to be just a casual day of work at an interview. so in fashion, she snapped her head to jude, muttering a "fuck off."

"oh come on, i'm being serious. you're quiet and look spent, what's up?" jude asked, watching his sisters fingernails rapidly tap against her seat. he rolled his eyes when she didn't respond, "you're worried about people asking about gracie tonight. right?" charlotte just shrugged her shoulders. "c'mon, it'll be fine, don't go all manic over this, kay? you already sent jimmy a message about what your comfortable with talking about right?"

charlotte nodded.

"okay, so you basically already know what he'll talk about," jude smiled. "and as for paparazzi and shit, i'll walk with my arm around you, just keep your head down, you do not need to answer any questions you don't want to. it's really just like another day, yeah?"

as jude continued to ramble on, charlottes ears began to ring when she peered out the window to notice the swarms of people surrounding the entrance to the building as they parked in front of it. fumbling around as she gathered her things, nervously shaking. then, she felt jude grasp her hand, doing their handshake they've had since they were nine with charlotte, mouthing a 'you're good' to her as he opened the car door, stepping out before her. he plastered on a charming smile as he took charlottes hand, guiding her out the car and wrapping his arm over her shoulder.

the screaming of her name immediately made her snap into pretending everything was completely fine, smiling softly at the eyes on her, staying close to her security that ushered her inside. the fans were yelling the typical things, her name, asking for a picture, where's matthew, until one question made her head turn.

"CHARLOTTE, WHAT HAPPENED TO GRACIE ABRAMS?!"

jude turned his head as well, but then lowered it down to charlotte, "keep walking," he whispered into her ear. once they finally entered the building, the two of them sighed and continued their way to charlottes dressing room, following on of the Tonight Show's workers.

"jimmy will be with you in a minute to run through some stuff," said the worker, shutting the door on the twins.

charlotte sat in front of the vanity, staring blankly at her reflection. and only a second later, jimmy knocked at the door and entered the room.

"hey, hollywoods favourite twins," jimmy smiled, shaking hands with jude and giving a hug to charlotte. "so happy to see you both."

"nice to see you jimmy," jude smiled before going back onto his phone.