010 gentle hands

CHAPTER TEN
gentle hands

"HOW about green?"

"nah, blacks your colour," charlotte replied, handing sadie the black outfit her stylist had among other outfits for her.

"true," sadie replied.

the two were busy getting ready for an MTV social event they were both invited to, along with Matthew. u fortunately, marcus and caleb were busy with other work, so the trio would just be it for the night.

"is jude coming?" sadie asked, lining her lips as charlotte  was taking pictures of her fit.

"no, he's back at his studio tonight, and i didn't think he wanted to go anyways. will millie and noah be there?"

"noah will," sadie smiled. "who else is even going?"

charlotte shrugged, "mm not sure." but truth be told, there was only one person charlotte was hoping would be there, and that was gracie. the only downside was that if the girl was there, they both know they wouldn't be able to associate with each other given that they're keeping their friendship on the low. and that started to sting bad for charlotte.

she didn't mind it for the first few days, but now she was getting bitter and not being able to get gracie and her friends to meet, or even showcase their odd friendship to the world. but she knew her parents opinions mattered most.

"alright, i'm gonna get changed then we go? our rides already out front," sadie said.

"sounds good," charlotte replied, putting in her contacts and checking her makeup.

as she looked in the mirror, her fingers began to tap rapidly again against the dresser, and she got the horrible anxious feeling in her stomach again, that made her bite into her lip. the thought of dealing with hiding gracie from her family was hard enough, but the fact that she might be at the event where there were cameras and hundreds of eyes was making things so much more worse. charlotte took a shakey breath before flashing a unconvincing smile at herself to give herself that 'don't sweat' feeling.

sadie returned wearing her beautiful black outfit and handed charlotte her purse, "lets go."

_

"wow you two look so fucking good, hey," matthew said as he greeted charlotte and sadie, hugging both of them before walking with them to a lounge. "how's your week been?"

"hell, working on the movie and barely sleeping, you?" charlotte asked the boy.

"my week in paris for the shows i did was pretty fun, we're on break and then picking back up here in the states," matthew replied. "sadie?"

"stranger things filming and stuff, the usual," the redhead said. "i texted noah to come meet up with us over here by the way."

"cool," matthew said, his eyes lingering around the area in search for others. "oh hey, wyatt oleff's over there i'm going to say hi really quick."

"he's like a unleashed puppy," charlotte said as she watched matthew get up and quickly make his way over to the curly haired boy in the corner.

sadie laughed before fading into silence. she then leaned closer to charlotte, "hey remember a few nights ago when we were all at your place... and you went out to your car."

charlotte paused, the memories of getting high with gracie flowing back in, "uh yeah why?"

"i didn't wanna say anything since matt and those two other idiots wouldn't have noticed, but bitch you were gone for 20 while minutes where were you?"