038 wild

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
wild

"WHAT'S wrong with you?" marcus asked, raising an eyebrow as charlotte sat down next to him, face still in shock.

"don't ask," charlotte mumbled, taking a bite out of the pizza in his hand and shaking her head. she assumed caleb would definitely tell her what just happened anyways.

"aye, me and mads might drive out soon," malachi said, nodding towards the door.

"uh caleb said no one's driving anywhere when we've all been drinking and smoking," jude stated, carrying over timber to put him in jenna's lap. "it's almost one, car services are a no go too."

"so i take it everyone's sleeping over?" charlotte asked, getting nods of agreement. "me and gracie get my room, whoever calls dibs on the guest room first can have that, rest of you are in the living room."

"dibs," matthew and olivia said in unison. they both snapped their heads to each other, eyebrows creased in challenge.

"charlotte, tell this chick that i called it first," matthew said, still maintains eye contact with olivia.

"y'all said it at the same time, share it for all i care," charlotte mischeviously grinned, glancing to gracie who shared the same look.

olivia's cheeks turned red before she folded her arms and looked away, "don't hog the blanket."

"yeah, whatever," matthew replied, rolling his eyes with a smile.

"anyways, i'm still not tired..." olivia announced, clasping her hands together. "horror movie?"

"yes!" charlotte, matthew, lily, malachi, jude, and jenna said.

on the other hand, sadie and caleb who had just appeared coming down the stairs, gracie, marcus, and maddie collectively went "nooooo!"

charlottes eyes darted to sadie, her cheeks red and lipstick smudged, doing a walk of shame only charlotte could recognize as she shyly moved to the couch and sat down. she looked to sadie and mouthed a 'wow' with a smirk as sadie put a fist to her kith to hide her smile. she was looking forward to debriefing with the redhead about this tomorrow.

"it's seven against five, horror movie it is," olivia beamed, snatching the remote and pulling up netflix.

"liv, you literally get terrified after every scary movie you watch," gracie said, laying down and resting her head in charlottes lap.

"that's what makes it fun," olivia replied, rolling her eyes. she clicked on some random scary movie none of them have seen yet as caleb turned off the lights and brought rounds of blankets to everyone huddled together on the couches.

"you don't like scary movies?" charlotte teased, whispering down to gracie.

"slept with a nightlight for two months after i watched hereditary, sue me," gracie muttered back, intertwining their fingers to prepare herself for any jump scares where she'd need to squeeze charlottes hand.

the singer lasted a good twenty minutes into the film until she was shoving her head into charlottes hoodie and squeezing her eyes shut, clinging onto her while the actress laughed. marcus was in the same boat, screaming like a girl and jumping onto matthew every second. matthew rolled his eyes the fifth time marcus begged for him to hold him and looked to olivia, nodding towards out the living room.

"i cannot handle this man-baby, wanna go look for snacks with me?" he whispered to her.

"duh," olivia replied and followed him out the living room.