011 so pretty

CHAPTER ELEVEN
so pretty

"THAT'LL be $8.40," said the cashier. charlotte dug her hand in her purse and splashed some change on the counter, her eyes darting back at forth between the window and the desk. "alright, have a good day."

charlotte took the bag and pulled her hood down as she left the 711, quickly making her way back into gracie's car.

"ok, i got sugar of course," she said, pointing to the bags of candy, "and you give me chip girl vibes, so wallah." charlotte presented gracie a bag of chips she's remembered seeing at her place before, though gracie didn't seem that happy.

"oh thanks," she smiled, fake enough for charlotte to sink back into her seat, wondering if she got the wrong flavour or something. "wanna go back to my place? also if we're still hanging out tomorrow anyways do you wanna... sleepover?"

"hey this time it's not against my will?" charlotte smirked, getting gracie to roll her eyes. "deal."

as gracie drove through the streets of NYC, she couldn't help but keep looking over at charlotte, and her head pressed against the glass window, and reflecting staring right back at her.

"you look so pretty," gracie quietly said, getting charlottes head to turn.

"really?" charlotte blushed. "even with this," she smirked, waving her hand around her eyeliner stained cheeks from crying earlier.

"oh yeah, you really suit the emo look," gracie nodded.

charlotte laughed as she reached forward to turn on the radio. she smiled when the song that turned on was one of her brothers.

"hey, do you ever like listen to your music when in the car?"

gracie shrugged, "no. but if it randomly comes onto the radio then... maybe sometimes."

charlotte chuckled, "i still haven't listened to like any of your songs."

"oh, thank you," gracie scoffed, breaking into a smile. "to be fair i haven't seen any of your films."

charlotte gasped, "not even girl in pieces? terrible."

"guess you're gonna have to make me watch it then," gracie replied, giving a mischievous look to charlotte who's face was already going red.

"mhm," charlotte nervously nodded, sinking adoringly back into her seat as gracie drove through the busy streets.

__

the two finally reached gracie's apartment, walking in to immediately be hit by tiredness. charlotte let her head fall back at the scent of caffeine, taking off her coat as gracie floated into the kitchen.

"you're brewing coffee, it's nine pm?" charlotte said, following gracie and taking her seat at the island.

"i'm thirsty," gracie replied, continuing to brew.

suddenly charlottes phone rang. they both caught a glimpse of the name sadie, so charlotte instantly picked up.

"hi sades—"

"hey, where are you, i cant find you?"

charlotte licked her lips before hesitating, "gracie's apartment. again."

the line went quiet for a moment as charlotte decided to put sadie on speaker, given gracie would probably be mentioned in the conversation.

"i'm getting the vibe you two are friends and don't like hate each other, how'd that happen, and are you going crazy?"