11

I sigh reading the fucked up email from work that nightclub needs a twenty unarmed, and two armed security for a big event TONIGHT. I sigh slumping in my bed this weekend was my time but as I read they are willing to pay double. I like making my own money never touch papa's money that I inherited, ma complains that's it's there for me to use for my leisure but it's the only thing I have left of papa it's stupid cause it's only money but he worked twice as hard for it and I aint wasting it on crap that I can earn and waste my money on.

I get to calling people that I know that needs the money more then me and by the hour I have locked in twenty one people and they were all individually happy that I thought of them but that's the thing I know every six hundred and twenty two employees that work in the same building including the cleaners.

My phone beeps I grab it, it's him text asking what my plans are tonight?. I replied working. He calls but I decline it.

I sigh heavily focus on work knowing I will have be one of the armed guards to my eyes are drawn to my closet where the safe is where the semi automatic is locked away I hate having them and prefer to talk my way out of a situation or use my two fists that papa taught me to use.

I get up dragging my feet to shower and prepare myself for a long night. While I shower I think of what I can do with the cheque and remember one of our kitchen hand sons birthday is coming up. At work we have a eatery and there's four chefs and eighty kitchen hands on rotating shifts but I get shift A and know them very well.

Gladice she's a foster parent and takes in youth that the system deemed troubled. A few months ago she told me there's a boy she just foster whose turning sixteen has adhd but loves Skateboarding, rollerblading anything with wheels I went out and brought the kid a skateboard and took it to him introducing myself as Gladice very good friend and welcome him to the family the small smile he shared made Gladice heart swell he thanked me I told him that Gladice is like a aunty to me and if he does well at school for a whole month I will buy him any type of sneakers he wanted as I looked down at his dirty holy chucks.

We shook on it, anyone with adhd would understand that a month is like a whole year. Gladice has kept me upto date with his school work he's a genius with numbers that's for sure.

I feel the glock 22 in my hands as I pull it apart and clean it putting it back together as time ticks passed. I also check my taser placing it on the bed beside the semi-automatic.

I change into our uniform I don't have to but I do too many times people confuse me as a patron then armed security I grab the black shirt with our company logo matching cargo black pants I clip the thigh taser holster around my right leg and walk to the bed to tuck the taser in its slot.

I finished up with the military jacked with security on the back in bold letters and our company name on the front pocket making sure the gun is tucked to my left rib as I zip the jacket collecting my cards and putting them in the arm sleeve then my phone I leave an hour early to meet the rest we on a 12 hour shift it's gona be a good night I put it out there in the universe.

I arrive and the team are waiting in the staff car park I debrief them the email I recieved and where they will be situated and guarding entry points, and verifying patrons.

"there was a huge concert today  juicefest and twister will be arriving at 10 but I'm sure he will be late so myself and Clive you and I will are assign to him"

Clive nods he's a year older then me we walk into the back where the manager walks us through giving us a floor plan and where the staff room is.

Tyrone and aroha will be at the front door they are siblings and from new zealand I have also seven more crew that are polynesian all great bunch of people I picked to work tonight they have all reasons to work then be at home, some have many siblings to feed others have sick parents to care for and the List goes on these people are dedicated to work not for themselves but to provide for their families.

He was blowing up my phone.

The night drags on the top level looks over the second and ground floor that the VIP area there's two section the left VIP 2 is a private birthday with more women then men I see and the right is VIP 1 where twister and his people will be. Clive nods for me to go upstairs to radio in everyone is good I climb the stairs looking back as patrons try to grease by Clive he shakes his head cross his arms, I chuckle at the women trying to puff their chest out and look cute and innocent but they aint his cup of tea I carry myself the stairs and radio in.

Everyone cleared, aroha whines she wants to trade with anyone with all the guys hitting on her at the front door she is a stunner and that's why I put her out there she draws in the spenders she knows it and gets a little extra cash on the side.

"this is how I see it aroha once twister arrives ask someone to swap with you then"

"thank fuck for that thanks boss"

I grumble hate being called boss we all equal gee's. Clive nudges me.

"you good?"

I nod at Clive and look at my phone we wait for mana and kai to call in when twister arrives from the back.

VIP members with their wrist bands walk up and down the stairs and a few guys double take looking at me I raise a brow at them one goes to step forward but clive steps forward.

"you good bro?"

The familiar guy tilts his head looking at me furrowing his brow.

"you were at Thomas club for your birthday weren't you?"

He shakes his finger at me thinking I look at Clive he steps beside me.

"you know curly head?"

I shake my head and that's when the guy whistles.

"yeah Marcy? Cruz and Dario brang you I thought I knew you from somewhere daym your a bouncer?"

"I prefer armed security guard"

His eyes widen by then his mates have left him behind his eyes trail over my uniform.

"Well fuck your lethal then huh"

I roll my eyes and nod.

"Well Marcy I'm Thomas cousin Adam nice to see you again"

I nod as he turns to find his mates.

"Boss the parcel has arrived"

Clive looks at me and we both laugh at hearing mana through the ear piece. Lux and Kufi take our spots as we walk to the back exit.

Clive claps his hands loudly.

"let the show begin" he speaks in the earpiece.

Everyone replies with "letssss goooo"

At that moment the DJ spots me I raise my arms up over the crowd crossing my wrists together to tell him twister is here he winks at me and spins his turntables.

I hear the echo of the team the sounds boom Clive glances at me he bobs his head as if he's rapping the words in his head I smirk knowing full well the whole team is.

The owner, manager and club event planner was thrown a 360 not only twister came but ne-yo and ja rule. Mana and kai secured the back keeping the rifrafs away as we lead them upstairs to be welcome with endless of alcohol and women that were hand picked by a manager.

The crap I saw her go through a list of what particular women they looked for was unbelievable no older the 26 no tall then 5'10 their outfit needs to show tits and ass no longer then the knees and heels were a must not alot of makeup I honestly pray I don't have a daughter because if I do she will know her worth and not succumb to this crap.