18

I called gladice to check if she was home and she was I asked what time would dillian be home but apparently she was called into his school there was a fight between him and another student called dillian real nasty names he told the teacher but the teacher ignored him, poor gladice has told me many stories of how the education system isnt for all kids.

I drove to their home in mer minutes angry that dillian already had a shit year so I made it my mission to make an appointment with the principlal gladice sat in the front while dillian sat at the back explaining his side of the story.

We arrived and was led straight into the principle office I shook the elderly mans hand firmly with a smile and gesture for gladice and dillian to sit.

"thank you for your time Mr Jones I'm dillians other guardian Miss Lopez and today was told a child has been physically violent and verbally abusive"

He opens and shuts his mouth looking between me and gladice I shift closer to his desk.

"I havent finish sir if what dillian told me is true there should be written incident report are there any you can show us now?"

"no but"

"thats not good enough now what I can say the child the perpetrator can be charged for a hate crime oh and there is proof he called dillian a, fagot kids got it on their phones that can also be used against you and I dont mind taking this matter to the board of education with my team of lawyers"

The blood rushed from Mr jones face made my corner of my lip twitch.

"so dillian will have today off on a personal day and come back to school till we hear from the board of education of their decision and I want that child suspension lengthen to investigate if he has verbally abused other kids"

We left the principal flabbergasted and dillian had a spring in his step.

"that was so cool thank you mac gladice tried but he wouldn't allow her to speak"

"I got you champ now lets go shopping because you not only did great work but because you fought back"

Can I say boys are so easier to shop for then girls like for reals I want a son if the universe is listening I'd like a healthy boy.

Dillian was happy with a pair of Dc but I had to buy him a few more sneakers and dress shoes. We brought him ten outfits one for everyday and he mix them up also I brough him a phone Samsung 21 and if her passes his rosa which is his year ten certificate Ill buy him a electric scooter.

Levi has been texting if we could talk I replied Ill get back to him im out at the moment but it was like he didnt believe me, I sent photos of where I was and the text stopped.

Once we got back to gladice house unload the car I grabbed another special gift for dillian and took it to his room and placed it on his bed while he was in the bathroom I sat on the kitchen stool and waited for him to say goodbye.

"would you like a drink?"

"no thank you I'm good"

I look at gladice leaning against the kitchen sink.

"thank you for spoiling us you really didnt have too"

"I know but I hope that today helped ease any stress from the rubbish at school"

In walks dillian with his new hat clothes and sneakers on walking around us as if he's on a runway. I high five him and left leaving him my number to call anytime.

I called levi to meet up. I parked up inhaling and exhaling slowing down my racing heart the emotions are deep and raw.

I walk to the beach bench with two bottle of orange and mango juice we use to love. I chose this spot to talk privately and some where publicly I inhale the ocean breeze.

"hey I hope you didnt wait long?"

I look back over my shoulders and went to stand but he bends down we bump heads to hug each other. Well that was awkward. We awkwardly laughed.

"nah I just got here"

He sits beside me I hand him the juice he thanks me.

"sorry about the bombing texts I just thought you didn't want to see me today or any day"

I exhale slowly taking in what he said instead of the same dam deodorant he still wears.

"your lucky you caught me on a good day"

He nods with a small smile.

"I want to say that night was the most amazing magical night of my life Im glad I got to share it with you" he swallows and smiles sweetly at me "but how you made me feel the next day shattered me literally hell bent shattered me if you didnt I would of fought ma to not leave"

The smile was replaced with a frown.

"it was a magical night I only had one drink of liquid courage to have the balls to kiss you that night your whimpers plays in my head, Ive loved you since you stole my lunch in kindy"

I giggle as I remembered I thought it was my bag.

"I word vomit mischief I panicked we didnt use protection I was scared and afraid that one night would have caused you to fall pregnant and give up everything you love I didnt want to be the reason to hate me but I did make you you hate me and I am sorry, sorry for not chasing after you, sorry that I didnt come over, sorry for the years of pain that I caused you to not want to talk to me"

"I forgive you"

We both staring at each other.

"I have wished to hear those words but hearing them I dont feel any better for the pain and suffering I caused to loose my day1"

He grabs my hand slightly squeezes me.

"well then I will have to show you"

He turns his whole body around facing me and I copy.

"you dont need too"

"I will be apart of your grooms men but I want to wear a suave suit"

Theres his smile I have missed.

"you dont have to you can wear a rubbish bag and make it look gorgeous"

"nope Ima rock this look and I have the right heels-"

"since when did you start wearing heels anyway?"

"when I grew up" I shrug and he nod.

"gosh mom and dad are going to be thrilled but we should keep this a secret till the wedding and shock everyone yeah?"

"yeah"

We hugged and it was the hug that made you feel your home that is shared with many love ones. He rubs my back and I do too.

"I missed you terribly"

We let go of each other our eyes lock to each other.

"you will always have my hear-"

A ring tone pulled me away from him he looks around reached for his back pocket holds one finger up.

"yes baby you want to do what?"