33

Marcia Pov

This week went by faster then usual and I was looking forward to the weekend.

Mama called speechless when she woke up with photos of Jessica's twins and a long as message from jojo that they have request to get a paternity test.

Levi returned to the hospital took the test then he left with lex and leni.

The results shattered two families.

Levi's family were concern for him, he has been drinking and not wanting to talk to anyone.

Leni recorded levi drunk trying to cling wrap the toilet talking to someone but there's no one around him.

I giggle as I watch it over and over again.

"shhhh" he places his finger on his lips.

"Your to loud" he slaps the air as if someone is there.

"I know I know it's going to be messy b-but it's not my messy" he cackles to himself and drops the lid on the cling wrap toilet.

Leni chuckles as he walks away pretending as if nothing happened. This was sent an hour ago.

Taking a closer look at levi under his eye have dark circles his beard is unkempt he looked haggard.

Jay and jojo hasn't gone to visit Jessica or the babies, I have been keeping tabs on her and the twins that still don't have names.

Jess was diagnosed with post-natal depression.

I have caught up with work emailing crisis management plans to clive that needed to be updated.

"hey what you upto this arvo?"

I was walking back to my office after having a meeting with clients.

"it's friday lance I'm going to grab a bottle of vodka, order food and stay home and you?"

I walked around my desk packing up.

"me and a few colleagues going to go to the pub wona come?"

I switch my laptop off packing it in its bag.

"nah I'm goods I just need to be alone I've been constantly on the phone with my parents and jojo"

"okay well you got my number have a good weekend Mac"

"you to lance"

I walked out of my office to go grab me a bottle of alcohol and something meaty with BBQ sauce.

I set up my drink on ice with a BBQ meat platter my eyes grow looking at the BBQ pork rib, marinated chicken wings, sausages, charred corn and apple slaw, served with BBQ and honey sauce on the side.

The view was gorgeous looking out into the harbour as I ate and drank taking in the night scenery with the soft music playing in the back ground.

I wiped my hands on the paper towel to grab the crystal tumbler to take a sip my phone lights up and vibrates along the glass table with clive's laughing photo it always puts a smile on my face I swipe to accept and sipped my drink.

"hey hey hey matey-"

"where have you been for the past week?"

"No hi how are you I missed you too?"

"hi clive answer my question"

He mumbles 'women are so bossy'

"I have been doing some investigating about levi and kate"

Well that caught my attention.

"did commander know?"

"of course I pitched him the idea and he told me to find answers and I just landed at the airport but I'm stuck in traffic to get to you"

"I don't know why you wasted your-"

"listen she lied to you's"

"pardon?" I sat up straighter in my seat.

"I have spoken to levi's old team buddies and the person that held the party and Jessica's old friends they had alot to say about that cow but anyway I spoke to Kate's best friend at the time"

I sip my drink listening looking out to the harbour.

"I collected alot of footage went through hours of footage Kate and levi bumped into each other in the kitchen, living area and they were captured by kids recording on their phones and posting on their social media levi was never alone for to long to have been with Kate and to top the cake with your favourite icing her husband now said he was her first and I'll stop there you don't need to know his description I will email everything to you what are you going to do with this information"

What am I going to do with this knowledge I do know? Do I still care for levi like I thought I once did? Should I tell him?.

"nothing clive if I tell levi he'll think he has a chance or think I love him like I thought I did but these past few months has really taken a mental toll on me I'm so lucky to call you a friend thanks for this really"

"I just want to see you smile again not that freaky smile the I'm just happy I'm free and single smile"

I giggle pulling out a joint from the packet that was already pre-rolled and light it up with an inhale.

"you will on monday clive send the email of your findings and clive?"

I watch the smoke swirl around the balcony and evaporate into the night.

"yes boss lady?"

"thanks for having my back"

"always mac well I'm gona go and get my groove on and meet up with the team good night"

"Good night"

I stood down from the seat and packed what food was leftover and place it in the fridge and went back outside

I looked at the vodka and juice with a smile and poured me another with the ice in its tray I light up the half joint and just stared out to nothing.

I received an email and three texts I swipe to unlock rolling my eyes I missed a call from vinny? I called him back he answers on the first ring.

"sorry for the late call Mac"

"No please don't be vinny we're friends are you and bek okay?"

He sighs heavily.

"we are healthy thank you for asking I called because I over heard something and you've been honest with me since I couldn't swing correctly"

The sly devil I giggle he chuckles.

" you knew I never played golf before "

" I know just it's good to have a laugh you know"

"yes I can't disagree what you got for me vinny"

"Well um Jessica"

He struggle to talk about his daughter struggles she has had when she was younger mental health issues.

Vinny found old photos of levi at his first Junior game I went to but never stayed for the after parties.

Vinny and his wife found old journals that were concerning vinny's mission was to get help for his daughter and find the biological papa of the twins.

"vinny?"

I don't tell him what I know because I sign that nda.

"I can look into who is the twins papa for you and send the information through email?"

"Mac my family don't deser-"

"vinny?"

"yes?"

"you and your gorgeous wife are beautiful people and we are friends what your daughter did to levi and I was wrong but right now those babies need someone and you and your wife can give them the loving they need"

"thank you Mac"

I said give me seventy two hours I'll have what he needs he said take my time.