39

I wrapped the towel around my body after drying off the salty sea water and plonked onto the sand.

The cool warm salty breeze nips my skin causing goosebumps along my arms the sea water drips down from my hair down my back my phone pulls me away from the Calm water of the ocean as the sun breaks over the horizon.

I shuffle through my bag and groan seeing who it is but answer it could be about our parents.

"morning cross how can I help you at this hour?"

"morning el mocoso I called to tell you I aint the father"

I wanted to say did I ask but why was he calling me?

"but you knew that didn't you?"

I don't answer.

"she called me crying that she's all alone begged me to just be there for the delivery it was her screams were awful she was moody and antsy it open my eyes and view the world differently the little baby looked all wrinkly and cried so much the nurse handed her to me the baby stopped crying then alarms went off I was ushered out of the room with the baby in my arms watching doctors and nurses run in and out of the room as I held her baby she's precious I was getting nervous with the shouting and machines being dragged into her room I needed to call someone bebita you were the first person I thought of"

"they are blessed to have you the baby and mama you'll be a great papa one day cross"

"it's terrifying to watch but the precious little baby in my arms is worth the fright I am worried for her ma I don't know the first thing to do with a baby I got to go a doctor is walking towards me I'll call later thank you for answering my call"

"No problem bye"

I sat thinking the past year has been been stressful and healing I was thinking going on a trip to pops Island for the rest of my trip till I go back to work I stood up wipe as much sand off me and head to the truck.

I drove to the hotel and jojos calls I answer as I park up.

"Good morning Mischief did you go for a swim?"

I looked around as if she was here.

"morning jojo I did how?"

"it's a mother's intuition how was it?"

I told her how I've missed the water and loved just forgetting about reality and just enjoy the now.

"it's good for your soul mischief the ocean is a blessing and it always made you kids come home happier you coming for breaky?"

I entered my room straight to the bathroom.

"I'd love too I have four phones to reset" jojo giggles "see you soon".

We said our goodbyes I showered changed into a yellow crop top hoodie with nike on the sleeve with matching shorts with the black tns.

I walked into jojo house the aroma of well loved cooked food fills my nostrils. I heard chatter and cutlery clatter like every morning.

"Good morning ladies how are we on this fine beautiful day"

I kissed jojo on the cheek and snatched a piece of bacon quickly dash around the kitchen counter and walked to Jay to give him a hug and sat in the empty seat.

"someone is chirpy from the look of it got some lastnight? " Junior tried to be funny but all eyes glaring at him.

"okay to early my bads"

"so whose phone first?"

It didn't take long to fix their phones and Junior dropped a paper bag in front of me with a wink.

"it's not poop okay it's to say Thankyou"

I look back down at the bag and pointed.

"okay you open it I don't trust you to take my prank crown"

He grabs the bag and opens it for me to peek inside its weed I look up at Junior.

"so is that us?"

The huge grin that appeared on his face was comical.

"well I was hoping you'd come to our gig tonight I'm in this band playing the drums and lex always comes so I'm inviting you guys to come"

We talked while we ate breakfast Junior leaves for work followed by leni, Jay then lex that said be here at six tonight and I plan to have a day at the spa.

The spa and hair salon was what any women and young lady needs to spoil them selves. I walked through Jojo's house with my heels tapping the floor.

"holy moly"

I looked from sending Clive a message lex was standing in a nice button up shirt and jeans in the hallway eyes grazing up my body.

"ahh where's the rest of your outfit?"

I raised my brow and kept walking to the dining table to sit down.

"I couldn't afford the rest so this is what I got"

I wonder my hand over my body as if I was holding a wond. Jay walked in with jojo I stood up their eyes swept over me we hugged and sat back down.

"Your outfit is cute with your hair up in a pony tail did you add hair extension's?"

"yeah added length and got it braided a friend made this simple hoodie crop top and shorts I can hide a gun here, here and here without it being noticeable"

I looked up at Jo, Jay and lex Jaws on the table.

"are you carrying now?"

Jo asked a little to excited I shook my head. I tell them about my first undercover job and a friend created this outfit levi was the last person to join us.

The bar we went to was like a club I use to go to in Sydney - kokobar.

There were polynesian everywhere it sure had a hype it's going to be a good night.
I got along with kiwi's then any other nationality but the women they are staunch as but once you get to know them and they like you they ok.

Lex, leni walks in first then lex and I walk in after all eyes on us we aint the fairest of them all but we aint them.

"kia ora Junior"

I holla over the big burly tattoo guys Junior spins around on the stage he was just stepping down while the DJ is jamming his sounds.

"hey you came and where's the rest of your clothes?"

"her excuse was she couldn't afford it"

Junior playful grin reaches his eyes he walks us to a table with his band sitting around their large round table they welcome us to join them.

Drinks were coming I was dancing to the reggae hiphop rhythmic beat and ray's voice it was beautiful their songs I've heard and everyone in the pub including me sang along a few songs.

I can't sing but alcohol helped me. The songs were songs I've heard from the boys in Sydney in the vehicles or when we outside doing patrol they play their sounds it's like their second love or is that food?.