16

Marcia Pov

"Your childhood friend whom you lost your V shows up after a decade tells you he's getting married no sorry? or begging? then Vincent's daughter is his fiancee pretends she doesn't know you hire us knowing full well who you are and tries to throw water in your face in front of everyone"

I nod at cam my commander the look in his eyes there's no pity or sadness just utter disbelief.

"and you forgave her but not him?"

I sigh heavily.

"I think I did years ago"

"you did or didn't Mac which one is it?"

I drink the Mcdonald coffee frappe in his huge manly office.

"I honesty thought I did that's why I'm in the position I am in today"

"that's a no, look my advice is go to him forgive him for saying what he did I bet you the kid was scared and nervous at the time to loose what you's had not realising what he said would literally brake a friendship you's created"

"Oh wise one how can I ever repay you?"

I teased sarcastically.

"take a month using you annual leave"

"WHAT"

I almost spat my drink all over his precious glass desk and metal ornaments.

"woah woah here me out"

"I already had a week off cam" I protest.

"yes and you still have six months of accumulated paid leave, vinny called me the next day of his daughter engagement party and the night of the family dinner he was so upset with his daughter but you" he points at me "he felt your pain and is angry that his daughter did that to you and how you graciously sent her best wishes even blessed them with healthy babies his wife rebekah said you are a remarkable women if a women did what her daughter did to her she'd be locked up for assault but you forgave her and they will forever be in your debt they only hope that you will find a great man"

I sat there taking it all in.

"and go back to your natural hair colour you freak me out this morning looking all prissy and shit"

I giggle at my boss he always knows how to flip shit like a fried egg.

"so if that a yes to taking a month off?"

He grins devilishly.

"on one condition"

"I knew it bloody knew it there's always something with you women"

He slaps his desk I raise a brow as to carry on but he stops talking and nods for me to carry on.

"Clive takes over andddd lance works under him"

"yes to Clive but lance that lanky kid?"

"look that lanky kid has no male role model at home and Clive and the alpha team will get him bulked up in no time give him a chance please"

Cam scrubs his face with both hands and scratched his beard for a minute twists his chair to look out the window.

He leans his right elbow on his desk point his finger at me.

"I give him a chance and you take two months off"

Oh hell no.

"excuse me thats-"

"you've worked for me for over five years marcia" I grumble when he calls me by my legal name " don't make me add another month"

"but what am I'm going to dooooooo"